Home

NBA 2K22 Useful Findings

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Useful Findings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2021, 12:28 AM   #9
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K22 Useful Findings

This game is really responsive. I messed with tendencies and play types to get Markannen more involved in the Cavs offense and got him gunning away.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:58 AM   #10
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
Having the right players with Play Initiator is really important for playing against the AI IMO. Off the top of my head, I think Giannis has it, and believe it or not, I think he doesn't deserve it.

I know he has the ballhandling and the passing to be a decent initiator, but since his first play type (rightfully IMO) is Isolation, this basically turns him into Harden, as he brings it up and goes one-on-one for multiple possessions in a row. He does come up and attack his man in iso IRL, but not as often as if you have PI on him. Just make sure he has a high enough Ball Handle so he can push it when he gets a rebound.

Here's a list of players who have it, but whom I think don't deserve it:

Carmelo Anthony
Kent Bazemore
Matisse Thybulle
Georges Niang
Grayson Allen
Aaron Nesmith
Brandon Clarke
Desmond Bane
Patrick Beverley (he's the only full-time PG I'd put on this list, but even still I'm tentative)

And players who don't have it, but whom I think do deserve it:

Draymond Green
Andrew Wiggins
DeMar DeRozan
Kawhi Leonard
Gordon Hayward
Jimmy Butler
RJ Barrett
Dillon Brooks
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Joe Ingles
Jayson Tatum
Malcolm Brogdon
Devin Booker
Nicolas Batum
Terrence Ross
Nikola Jokic
Caris LeVert

And here's a list of players I think might deserve it, but I'm not sure. Anyone who knows a lot about these players and/or their roles in this context, feel free to chime in:

Zion Williamson
Jaylen Brown
Bam Adebayo
Pascal Siakam
Evan Fournier
Julius Randle
Tim Hardaway Jr.

This all is just my opinion; I could definitely be wrong. If anyone disagrees with anything, don't hesitate to let me know.
This is one of the first things I do when I get the game. The thing to watch out for is does not having the PI tag stop guys from pushing the ball on misses or fastbreaks. This is why I've always given guys like Hardaway, Grayson Allen, Bazemore (who did bring the ball up from time to time with the Dubs) the PI tag. Due to wanting them to push the pace in transition
Old 09-19-2021, 11:05 AM   #11
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Also, the lateral quickness slider might be broken this year. I set it to 0 and guys were still unrealistically staying in front of their man. I even even lowered on-ball D and body up sensitivity. Didn't do much.

I've compensated with lowering the off ball speed max/min acceleration and speed and I've been seeing much better results. Something to keep in mind going forward
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2021, 11:25 AM   #12
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Also, the lateral quickness slider might be broken this year. I set it to 0 and guys were still unrealistically staying in front of their man. I even even lowered on-ball D and body up sensitivity. Didn't do much.

I've compensated with lowering the off ball speed max/min acceleration and speed and I've been seeing much better results. Something to keep in mind going forward
On ball defense and lateral quickness work for sure. Before the roster update and patch the other day I had both at 40 and was seeing much better results when it comes to being able to get past the defender and slow guys being to good at defending fast guys. After the updates it was to easy to get past the defender now have them at 47 at 50 the like brick wall defender is a big problem.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:49 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
This is one of the first things I do when I get the game. The thing to watch out for is does not having the PI tag stop guys from pushing the ball on misses or fastbreaks. This is why I've always given guys like Hardaway, Grayson Allen, Bazemore (who did bring the ball up from time to time with the Dubs) the PI tag. Due to wanting them to push the pace in transition
That's an easy fix; just give them a high enough Ball Handle rating. I think Da Czar said it has to be 70 or higher? I can't remember exactly, but that's what determines whether or not they'll bring the ball up after a miss. PI determines if they bring it up after a make.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:59 AM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Good stuff people, this is a high quality thread.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:21 PM   #15
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
That's an easy fix; just give them a high enough Ball Handle rating. I think Da Czar said it has to be 70 or higher? I can't remember exactly, but that's what determines whether or not they'll bring the ball up after a miss. PI determines if they bring it up after a make.
Yup I have User/CPU Ball Handling both at 80 to eliminate the brick wall/ lose your dribble animation. Instead I see and experience the defender riding the ball handler which is much more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2021, 12:52 PM   #16
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Yup I have User/CPU Ball Handling both at 80 to eliminate the brick wall/ lose your dribble animation. Instead I see and experience the defender riding the ball handler which is much more realistic.
At 80 does the CPU ever lose the ball? Even at default it's hard to get cpu to turn the ball over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »