Home

NBA 2K10: Defense and Offense Guide

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Defense and Offense Guide within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K10: Defense and Offense Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
Enjoy getting your DNFs.
True sim ballers don't care about win %s as much as they care about having a realistic gameplay experience.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #34
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

It's amusing how the resident vigilantes here don't even know what "sim" means. The term "sim" means "a realistic representation of the sport being emulated". How playing off ball defense alters the representation of the sport in any way is beyond me.

You don't see points being scored in the paint all the time in the NBA, and you don't see players jumping passing lanes on every play. To avoid doing things that don't happen in the NBA is to play "sim", and that's it. There's no more to it. How I'm going to control my players is entirely up to me to decide, as long as what happens on my screen stays faithful to a real NBA game.

You people act as if you could see red and blue circles under players in real NBA telecasts. You're so caught up in your feverish support for on-ball defense that you fail to realize this is a video game, and as such, can be "controlled" in whichever way the player sees fit.

If I'm playing as the Suns, and I play exactly the same way the actual Suns play in the NBA, then by definition, I am playing "sim", regardless of whatever petty, unreasonable arguments you can come up with. I will say it again, to play "sim" is to represent the sport faithfully, and playing off-ball defense does not affect my ability to do so. Do you see red and blue circles under the players in a telecast? I didn't think so. But you don't see 100 points in the paint being scored every game, or teams abusing the paint every night without any regard for defense.

Oh, and by the way, I take it My Player can never be sim then, since you'll always be forced to play a lot of off-ball defense in that mode. Just further proof that this nonsense doesn't make for a very good discussion, given that it's strictly a matter of preference. Do you like playing on-ball defense? Then great, more power to you. But there's absolutely no way you can say that me playing off-ball defense will make my virtual depiction of Suns basketball resemble its real life counterpart any less.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #35
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

And btw, I wrote the blog, not CX.. I appreciate your input though brian. I wrote that blog mainly towards players who are having trouble playing on-ball d.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 10

I think there's a difference between somebody who chooses to play 1 position on defense and somebody who constantly clicks away from the defense.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:23 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
I think there's a difference between somebody who chooses to play 1 position on defense and somebody who constantly clicks away from the defense.
Hilarious. I've actually chased a defender by passing the ball to each individual he switched to, isn't that silly.

I believe in on-ball defense, however I also feel if you play it 100% of the time, prepare to get screwed on plays. If I'm goofing I'll run plays, or rather screens and picks just to mess with the opposition. I use it less as this year it's less effective, but last year coming off a screen was almost automatic for a shot. The screens seem a bit different this year, but some of them still seem automatic based on the animation... even far or just ridiculous threes.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar

That cracks me up everytime when I see that.

Whenever I see that, I'll just pass the ball around the key and get a shot clock violation on purpose for a couple of trips.

Thats my own little way of mocking the dude.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #39
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

^^I've done that soooo many times lol^^

But just like teebone21 said a page ago. I would rather quit and play the next opponent then waste my time with someone playing off-ball all game.

But guys again....I don't play 100% on-ball defense. I would say I probably play about 90 to 96% on-ball.

I don't know about the other things you guys are arguing about...lol I just want to play you.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 9

My 2k profile says I play on-ball 92% of the time, and I definitely think that anywhere from 88 to 95 percent is going to get you the best defense if you take into account pick and rolls, off ball screens, and all that stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »