Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #2137
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

I made a new MP. I was a SG but I couldnt get the shot to drop even though i had perfect release. Im a better big anyway.

6-10
240 LBS
Oregon State
Faceup

College AS game- 24 pts, 13 Rebs, 2 Ast, 2 Blks

I interviewed with Phoenix and I said I wanted to play there and be their center piece.

Then Utah interviews me. I tell them I hate their players and city, lol. It's true i do.

Then Indy interviews me. I tell them I like them and would even be down to be a role player.

I thought Phoenix would take me but they dont, I knew Utah would pass and Indy took me #15.

My first 13 games I came off the bench but was the teams second leading scorer 13.8 ppg and leading rebounder 8.3 rpg that was in 18 mpg. game 14 i got my first start and havent looked back. I'm now averaging 16 and 9. Working on my defense and getting assists, A lot of guys dribble too much!!!

I'm loving the my player at PF though
Old 01-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #2138
Rookie

yes i guess you could say that but my entire goal is too be the greatest player of all time so i pretty much have the ball in my hand all the time even though i am a center, and that was a playoff game so it doesnt even count as breaking wilts record, my previous high was 91
Old 01-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #2139
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hello to all....

New to OS thanks to this thread! i can HONESTLY say i have read all 214 pages (up to this point obviously). i seem to be having a lot of down time while at work lately, so i use that time to visit here and keep up with all of your players, tips, suggestions and such.. i started my player right after Christmas and not long after, came across this thread... so here is some info of how my player is coming along....

6'7" 220lb scoring SG.
Drafted 14th by the Rockets but about 35 games in I requested a trade and got sent to the Mavs for Odom and Kidd.
Averages:
22.2 ppg/4.1 rbg/5.2 apg/1.8 bpg
.47% fg/.48% 3pt/.85% ft
Overall currently sits at a 70, 40 games into rookie season. (playing every game with 9 min quarters)

As of right now im just focusing on my shot attributes and defense. Have my med shot at 99 (+5 from KD shoes) and slowly working on my 3pt, shot inside and so on. After i get all those to a point im happy with, im going to start dumping all my points into getting my dunk up to par

I've only made one player and i really wanna make another! however - and this is where i was hoping to get help from some of you - when i go to the new MP menu, it automatically sends me to the screen where you choose the vitals, general, head, hair, etc..

my question... is there anyway to choose a new "body mold" or body type? (if i remember correctly, when i started my first MP, the first thing i did was choose my "body type" there was maybe 24 different looking players in a big circle and you scrolled through and selected what one you want to START with) i might be crazy or just plain dumb, but if someone can give me some insight, it would be greatly appreciated!

PS: because i read ALL pages, i KNOW this question hasn't been asked 489 times! haha! thanks ahead of time to those who are willing to help!

-Word
Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #2140
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownage
104 points?

Ballhog much?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
104 points with 1 assist. And a 7'2" that isn't Top 10 in rebounds or blocks. Everything else is nice for his MP though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordperfect
Hello to all....

New to OS thanks to this thread! i can HONESTLY say i have read all 214 pages (up to this point obviously). i seem to be having a lot of down time while at work lately, so i use that time to visit here and keep up with all of your players, tips, suggestions and such.. i started my player right after Christmas and not long after, came across this thread... so here is some info of how my player is coming along....

6'7" 220lb scoring SG.
Drafted 14th by the Rockets but about 35 games in I requested a trade and got sent to the Mavs for Odom and Kidd.
Averages:
22.2 ppg/4.1 rbg/5.2 apg/1.8 bpg
.47% fg/.48% 3pt/.85% ft
Overall currently sits at a 70, 40 games into rookie season. (playing every game with 9 min quarters)

As of right now im just focusing on my shot attributes and defense. Have my med shot at 99 (+5 from KD shoes) and slowly working on my 3pt, shot inside and so on. After i get all those to a point im happy with, im going to start dumping all my points into getting my dunk up to par

I've only made one player and i really wanna make another! however - and this is where i was hoping to get help from some of you - when i go to the new MP menu, it automatically sends me to the screen where you choose the vitals, general, head, hair, etc..

my question... is there anyway to choose a new "body mold" or body type? (if i remember correctly, when i started my first MP, the first thing i did was choose my "body type" there was maybe 24 different looking players in a big circle and you scrolled through and selected what one you want to START with) i might be crazy or just plain dumb, but if someone can give me some insight, it would be greatly appreciated!

PS: because i read ALL pages, i KNOW this question hasn't been asked 489 times! haha! thanks ahead of time to those who are willing to help!

-Word
That body type is probably the My 2K online feature where you choose your avatar.

===

6'5" 208 lb. PG
Drafted 17th overall by the Knicks.

30.1 MPG/20.2 PPG/10.3 APG/1.2 BPG
48.9 FG%/36.5 3PT%/83.2 FT%

2nd APG/15th PPG/20th BPG/10th 3PM/

18-12; 4th EAST

I'm only a 65 OVR 30 Games into my Rookie Season. We were at one time T-1st in the East at 13-7 but horrible PG play from me in terms of TO put us on a 0-5 skid. We bounced back and have won 5 in a row now, with the last 4 wins totalling nearly a 70-point margain.

My PG is a pass-first PG but his jump shot and 3-PT skill make him an offensive threat from almost anywhere on the floor. An array of crossover, speed and spin moves make him able to get in the paint and draw contact. His large size compared to most PGs add a strong post game to his reperitoire, with his fake jump hook become a trademark at MSG. Our PnR with our big men is outstanding and almost unstoppable when D'Antoni (AI) runs it.

Assists wise, it's been really fun to distribute the ball, and I do my best to get the ball inside first, but I pride myself on being able to dish and create scoring chances for all 12 players who play in our games, and there hasn't been a game where all 12 players haven't scored at least a bucket. Since I got the starting role from Baron Davis, I try my best to get an assist to as many players as possible, not just dump it to 'Melo and Amar'e.

What I'm trying to ask is, our AI D'Antoni mostly runs plays for 'Melo, Amar'e, our PnR or for me to get a jump shot. I really want more plays to be run for the other guys in our roster, because I know when I give them a good pass, they will score, and they have more potential than they are showing with our current plays system. What can I change by coaching sliders or anything else to get more plays run for those other guys, and not just our "Big 3"--we have our own here in NY.

Also, my MP must be on steroids to be Top 20 in BPG with a 25 block rating.

I play MP, not Association or CAL.

Thanks.

Last edited by K.So; 01-23-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #2141
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbanoname
2K Officially said that u can if u become long term super star on the team. (responsed email or something like that from 2k staffs somebody posted here and some other forums a while back) It will be an option on "My Trade, the same that you request urself to be traded"However, no one ever find that as far as i know. No clip on youtube and no one on several boards i read find that option. I myself being on my 5th season, superstar rate 99, long term contract and have all buzz rates at 100 still cant find that option. I think may be a glitch or 2k staff day-dreaming for sth they forget to put in the game. Same like many stupid glitches and bugs that still left unresolve.
Thanks. Stupid that this doesn't work this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #2142
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32

Sorry didn't give the right info the last time so here he is

Joshua Brown
Colorado State
pg
defensive
6'2
188lbs
Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #2143
Rookie

OVR: 3

My team gonna lost Rubio after this season. my backup PG is rate 72-73 but has terrible pass rating.

In the league news and rumor mil, they said that Rubio gonna test FA and my Wolve without bird right cant resign him. I didn't quite understand this. Can someone verify this for me? If the contract is longer than 3 years, u can go over salary cap to resign the player. Is that apply to RC contarct?

When starting the game, Rubio has 2 years contract+2 years team option. My team exercised team option so Rubio was kept with his RC contract for 4 years. After that, my team offer him 1 year contract worth $7m. Not sure why my team didn't offer him a long-term one and whether my team is eligible to go over salary cap to resign him under the bird-years rule. (sign him for long-term contract with Bird's rule since he have stayed with the team for 4 years.)

Anyway, they gave Rubio one year contract to play his 5th season and after this contract up, no Bird's right to sign him. (Only a year from his 2nd contract, a one year term, was counted as Bird's year. Not the first 4 seasons with the team under RC contract?)

Too bad, he is already 83 rating right now and i bet he gonna reach 90 sooner or later.

Westbrook said gonna be Free Agent this upcoming summer and Derrick Rose is also at last year of his contract (i doubt Rose will leave Bulls) but I guess no way we can sign any good PG by our current cap. Our current salary cap is at -$23m (The highest in the whole league since we have me ($14m), Lebron ($17m-$20m), Love ($14m) and Randolph ($10m). Even Beasley, our 6th man earn around $12m a year)

And my team gonna land 27th draft pick on both first and second rounds so no chance we get good RC. (Last time, my team drafted 2 PG rate 51 and 52 by 27th pick from both first and second rounds. Complete scrubs.)

Last edited by nbanoname; 01-23-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #2144
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Before work I had my best game as a pro. 37 pts 17 reb (5 offensive!) 3 ast and 2 blk! I shot 54% too. My sweet spot is the elbow jumper. My pacers are 9-8 on the year and 8th in the east.

Coach has benched collison for hill at pg. collison's per is under 12 and hill's is above 20. We've played better as a team with hill ad the starter the past two games.

I love all the different coaching moves they make in this game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »