Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
Banned

AirTeezy's Arena

OVR: 2
Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

i know its a little early but alot of people have the game early...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

I'll wait until after I'm out of bootcamp to do this so hopefully lockout is over by then and I can play with rookies! If not screw it I'll make one anyways.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Got my copy today n jumped rt into my player. 6'3 all around PG, drafted to the 76ers. I tried to start rt out on superstar/sim because I didn't want it to be too easy, I wanted to actually feel like a rookie. But I probably won't b able to do that until I learn the ins n outs of just playing this game in general.

Teammates still aren't that aggressive but it could just b my team. I can tell that the substitution n lineup problems from last yr will still b there. I played the wolves n
they were playing milic, Randolph, love, Beasley and Wes johnson. I lost to them by about 25. Still had fun. My most exciting play was actually drawing a charge on a fast break...it never worked last yr and I was pretty pumped when I pulled it off.

One thing I noticed and maybe they can look into it...while doing the training camp u have a session with ray and Larry bird focusing on off ball movement. Its really fun and while I was going thru the drills I thought it would b ideal for my player but I couldn't pull of any of those moves. For most of the moves u hold the rt trigger but in my player that still controls the camera. Hopefully I can figure it out because that would really add to the game and open up the offense a little more.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

I figured I'll share this.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 10-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Made an all around SG, got drafted to the wizards. Only got about 6 minutes of play time total but I hit a jumper and got a 3 point play on a fast break. Loving it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
Rookie

ADG24's Arena

OVR: 14

ADG24's NBA 2K12 My Player

Name: Andre Carter
Number: #8
Position: SG
SG Type: Athletic
Height: 6'6
Weight: 210 lbs
Drafted by: Utah Jazz

Storyline:

During the Creation process of My Player I decided to create a player that would be known for his highlights during his first couple of years in the NBA, so I decided to create an athletic shooting guard... think of Andre as the second coming of Vince Carter

Heading into the Draft I made it clear to the GM's and Scouts that interviewed me that I wanted to play for a team where I could get playing time right away and win games... and to my surprise the team that ended up drafting me was the Utah Jazz. At first I was hesitant about playing for the Jazz, but once I took a look at their roster I realized that it was not going to be all that bad... their starting SG is currently Raja Bell who is rated only five points higher than me. Once I heard that the Jazz drafted me, the first thing that came to my mind was "when can I request a trade?" but I feel good about the situation that I am in and the posibility of helping this team reach the Playoffs during my rookie year.

I will keep you guys up to date as my career progresses... First game tonight!

PSN: xVince15x
Twitter: @xVince15x

Follow my Brooklyn Nets MyGM Series!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
Banned

Do any of you guys know whether MPs get recognition for great stats in halftime report? Last year you could score 50pts and still get blanked at half time, totaly lame

Last edited by coffee'n'doughnuts; 10-04-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
Rookie

GoBigBlue1's Arena

Can any of you guys post the starting attributes for Power Forwards and Centers for each playstyle (athletic, all-around, etc.) in MyPlayer?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »