Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #801
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhohn160
Haven't seen a whole lot of discussion on GM Sit-downs so I wanted to start touching on one of the newer implementations to the MP/MC scenario and see if we can't make some sense of it and how it impacts the careers...

Real quick --- I'm a 6'5" Scoring PG. I was drafted #21 by the Celtics. I absolutely love playing for them. I was in Phoenix & Philly last year (2K12);neither team could make a shot. Must say, that is not the case is Boston. Anyway...In my pre-draft interview, the C's stated they would probably play meat the 2 considering Rondo & my abilities, which I'm fine with and makes sense (especially after last year when I went as a PG to the Suns and took Nash's job)..

We are half way through the season and I am getting stater’s mins but coming off the bench. Rondo, Bradley & I all get similar mins. What I would like to do is meet with the GM and have them trade Bradley while his OVR & value are still high. Too many times in previous years, I have taken a good player's job to watch him sit on the bench and rapidly lose their OVR. It happened in Philly last year with Dru Holliday. It makes no sense to leave young, valuable players on the bench to do nothing but lose value.

Has anyone done a sit-down where they have requested to have another player on the team traded? Did it work? Were there any negative repercussions?

Does complaining about your playing time help? Negative repercussions?

Do you get brownie points for saying you think the coach is doing a great job?

Any general GM Sit-down topics you have discussed? Any repercussions?

Thanks!

'Dare I say... en fuego?'
i had a sit down with the suns gm to be traded when i was hammered the other night.. pretty much blasted the coach and everyone else on the team.. started playing the next morning/afternoon and tried to rescind my offer and of course denied it in the after game press conference. Seems like the GM didnt care, he traded me anyways, to the bucks.. couldnt be happier. Pretty much seems like when you put a trade offer in there is no going back even if you try to rescind it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #802
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

In my 1st game played(1st key game) with the Pacers, I had my best game. It was my 1st game as a starting PG in my 3 seasons. I had 22pts, 24 assists(17 was my highest), 5 steals(high). But, my 7 TOs and fouling out was the reason we lost. I set the team record for assists. I got the Dime magazine after the game.
I will really like this team, once we get rid of Devin Harris.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #803
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_
smh are my posts invisible? Goddamn.. Go through my posts, not one response ever smfh

Haven't made it to the ASG yet.. That said and considering the drama from last season's ASG, I will NOT be playing in one until I am sure it will not impact my player's mins for regular season games.

Calm down
Old 10-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #804
Rookie

OVR: 8

After a frustrating blowout L to the Nets 129-91, a loss in which Jason Richardson annoyed me to no end, I sat down with the GM with a chip on my shoulder. In this game J.Rich repeatedly took highly contested long 2's, drove in and got rejected multiple times, and generally ignored my calls for the ball even when I was open, to the point I received "Excessive Call For Ball" penalties twice.

Now we're 21-7, in 1st place 2 games ahead of MIA. J.Rich has actually played pretty well, hits open shots reliably, etc. But he starts at the 3 and gets torched by his assignment, I'd like Turner to get more time at the 3 instead of sitting so much for my player, but what bothers me the most is his shot selection. He always does all these crossovers, then takes a heavily contested shot. After this blowout I had to do something.

I told him I am not getting along with J.Rich. He replied this is not something that can be handled with a transaction, I'm new in the league, etc. I pressed him like come on man, I'm coming to you to handle it before it blows up and you just going brush me off like this?!? He stood firm, saying they'll keep an eye on it, but I need to be professional, yada yada.

This really annoyed me, but I persisted in a political way by saying I liked what coach is doing. He replied yes, he's doing a great job and we're behind him 100%. I then went to the "There's someone holding me back" option, and chose J.Rich lol. He seemed to let up, saying chemistry is very important, they'll take a look at it. I then said I think Turner should play more, that I like playing alongside him. To this he said he would see what he can do and that he agreed with me that it couldn't hurt to have him out there more. He said I can expect to see some changes soon.

Then I left. We'll see what happens.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 10-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #805
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
Okay umm...anything people? This happen to any of you?

Any idea how/when/if 2K will fix this nonsense?
It's all based on your OVR rating. The other SF must have improved and have a better OVR than you. Check and if so, you gotta up your OVR to get the job back. Nothing to do with performance in my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #806
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been blown out in 2 of 3 games so far.. the PG I created is getting blown by on every half court possession for easy layups .. that's pathetic.. Beaubois for Dallas.. passes to Dirk.. then runs around my PG and I can't get to him through 3 or 4 players, he gets an easy layup.. has happened in every game so far by all PG's and no way to stop it that I can figure out. I'm not even playing up on most of them since he won't shoot the ball. It's not a pick & roll either, it's random bursts of speed that can't be defended. The score is close when I got to the bench (not a starter yet of course) and just like 2k12 I sub back in down by 15 points!

The one thing I haven't had happen .. I haven't had my PG dribble off his teammates feet.. yet.. one of the most irritating parts of 2k12 may have been fixed.

Still can't get the jump shot timing down for this game, I put the shot critique thing up to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong with release point etc

Maybe THIS has been mentioned, the timeouts are really annoying this year.. timeouts to sub and right back to play is hard to get used to, especially when your position changes but it says something like you are now point guard, yet you're guarding the power forward from the other team.

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 10-10-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #807
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Doesn't seem they fixed the random defensive switches either very well.. the guy I'm guarding gets switched at random as if I'm supposed to follow the ball on a pass at times, costing nearly 1/2 a grade at times

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 10-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #808
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Doesn't seem they fixed the random defensive switches either very well.. the guy I'm guarding gets switched at random as if I'm supposed to follow the ball on a pass at times, costing nearly 1/2 a grade at times

I think your help defense/switching is influenced by your D Awareness. Try bumping it up and see if it becomes any easier.. I know I had the same problem in 2K12 but noticed it less and less as I increased D Awareness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »