Home

CPU playing starters when it doesnt make sense

This is a discussion on CPU playing starters when it doesnt make sense within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
CPU playing starters when it doesnt make sense

So i noticed this really minor but kinda annoying and stupid thing , basically when CPU has big lead in 4th quarter or is down big in 4th they never sub out their starters till the last minute or even last seconds of the game , for example i just played against Wizards and they had 20point lead against me through the whole 4th quarter and they only subbed out their starters with 32 seconds left in the game , this happens everytime cpu or me has a big lead in the 4th , is there any way to make cpu play their bench players when the game is basically decided already ? I play with 11 minute quarters if that changes anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: CPU playing starters when it doesnt make sense

It's not a minor issue and it's one that has been in the game for a long time. Definately should have been fixed/improved a long time ago.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

Yeah this is a big issue mate, good point.

Slightly unrelated; it also annoys me that Kevin Durant takes about 10 shots a game whilst Jeremy Lamb takes 20 plus.

2K games are always brilliant on the surface, but when it comes to player tendencies, AI, CPU coaching tendencies etc they are really quite poor. Bless them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17

Slightly unrelated; it also annoys me that Kevin Durant takes about 10 shots a game whilst Jeremy Lamb takes 20 plus.

2K games are always brilliant on the surface, but when it comes to player tendencies, AI, CPU coaching tendencies etc they are really quite poor. Bless them.

Just played OKC in my association last night and experienced this... Wasn't aware Jeremy Lamb was so dominate smh... I don't understand why Durant only takes 5-10 shots and Jeremy takes 20 but it's really frustrating.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Maybe its a tendencies thing?

Lots of things seems to be caused by tendencies.

Last edited by jonapaloma; 04-10-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
So i noticed this really minor but kinda annoying and stupid thing , basically when CPU has big lead in 4th quarter or is down big in 4th they never sub out their starters till the last minute or even last seconds of the game , for example i just played against Wizards and they had 20point lead against me through the whole 4th quarter and they only subbed out their starters with 32 seconds left in the game , this happens everytime cpu or me has a big lead in the 4th , is there any way to make cpu play their bench players when the game is basically decided already ? I play with 11 minute quarters if that changes anything.
On the flipside of that, sometimes I put my subbing on "auto" and the CPU Coach will always sub out my starters when I have a large 4th quarter lead. I guess the game coding only subs starters on user teams.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
Maybe its a tendencies thing?

Lots of things seems to be caused by tendencies.

Yeah possibly.

Maybe it can be solved by rosters, but for me I only play MYCAREER and myteam so it doesn't really help me

Old 04-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #8
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Yeah possibly.

Maybe it can be solved by rosters, but for me I only play MYCAREER and myteam so it doesn't really help me

Too bad You have to work with what you've got I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »