Home

NBA 2K14 Advanced Controls (PS3, X360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Advanced Controls (PS3, X360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Advanced Controls (PS3, X360)

Maybe next year we'll be able to click in the right analog stick to push the ball forward to split the defense off of the pick and roll.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

MESSAGE FROM STEVE_OS: I EDITED YOUR POST TO REMOVE THE QUOTE

Last edited by Steve_OS; 09-27-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Another thing I want to call your attention to that we haven't talked about at all is the Escape Cross and Hes.

One glaring omission from 2K13 was the ability to do standing sizeup moves that created any space. All of the sizeup moves last year were literally standing in place. When you hold Turbo and tap the RS left, right, or back, you'll do crosses, hesis, and stepbacks that actually take you a step or two in the direction you're pushing the stick. It's really nice to be able to throw these moves into the mix when you're breaking down your defender. You can also break out of them at any time so you can create your own rhythm and explode to the hoop when you see an opening.

When I got these moves in, that's when I decided to kill off the 1-step pullups. Rather than having canned shot animations with built in dribble moves, you now have full control to create those types of sequences on the fly. Allows you to be much more creative on offense and also allows you to keep your dribble live until a shot or drive opportunity opens up.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 Advanced Controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
haha I feel the exact same way. Ive been waiting to be able to do this for so long. Im officially hyped.

Last edited by shmitty; 09-27-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
When I got these moves in, that's when I decided to kill off the 1-step pullups. Rather than having canned shot animations with built in dribble moves, you now have full control to create those types of sequences on the fly. Allows you to be much more creative on offense and also allows you to keep your dribble live until a shot or drive opportunity opens up.
Sounds good...the 1 step pull-ups weren't really effective vs a human if they recognized the animation...they could simply beat you to the spot...

I like hearing about dribbles being seamless on the move as well, in last years game, if you tried to dribble stick on the move, the commands would queue up on you...from what I am hearing this seems to be fixed...
Old 09-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Another thing I want to call your attention to that we haven't talked about at all is the Escape Cross and Hes.

One glaring omission from 2K13 was the ability to do standing sizeup moves that created any space. All of the sizeup moves last year were literally standing in place. When you hold Turbo and tap the RS left, right, or back, you'll do crosses, hesis, and stepbacks that actually take you a step or two in the direction you're pushing the stick. It's really nice to be able to throw these moves into the mix when you're breaking down your defender. You can also break out of them at any time so you can create your own rhythm and explode to the hoop when you see an opening.

You sir the greatest!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #14
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I'am hoping the off ball offense issue from 2K13 has been fixed. It worked but your teammates woudn't give you the ball when you pressed A so it was useless.

After watching that How Tony Scores In the Loop video from bballbreakdown I'am itching to play some offball O.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #15
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Good ish beluba.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Stand Juke
|RS| press left/right

Juke Launch
|RS| press left, press and hold right

Spin Launch
|RS| half-circle

Stutter Launch
|RS| left twice, then press and hold

Stutter Cut
|RS| press any direction (while running)

Juke Cut
|RS| left, right (while running)

Spin Cut
|RS| half-circle (while running)
Lots of options for off-ball movement, I think a lot of people have been writing this current gen version off. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »