Home

NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #25
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip2101
All I want to know is "Can I use custom rosters in My GM" if so im fine without 30 team control.
This is one of the main questions I need answered before I buy this game.

Last edited by cthurt; 10-24-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #26
Banned

SlyNumb3r1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Never will understand the hate for the "RPG" elements saying take it to GTA, its fantasy, etc..

It just adds depth to the game, association was so freaking stale it was not funny. At least for me it was.

I feel that adding elements to create depth is best, but also agree there should be options for others who did enjoy those modes.
i think its cool.. but i dont see it as a good idea.. i mean they now have to make new mini clips or whatever every year or fans will say its just the same over and over..

and i think it makes no sense to have a GM with 25 yrs. old tellinf legens like Garnett what and what not..

id just be okay with asso mode with some new stuff like jersey creating and weekly highlights and all star weekend.. but hey im not passing on that game.. so lets try it first
Old 10-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip2101
All I want to know is "Can I use custom rosters in My GM" if so im fine without 30 team control.
Along with this question, will we have a fantasy draft for this mode also?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
You join a different team. It's not hardcore-mode, ala "get fired once and it's game over".
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Wow.........

Thanks for the response.
I think an inclusion of "can't be fired" would be a good option. I know Out of the Park Baseball has this option. I like both. If you play with firing turned on, it feels like you are actually a GM that might have to move around the league until you find the right team in the right situation to succeed. With firing turned off, you can take control of your favorite team and try to build a dynasty with them.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
You join a different team. It's not hardcore-mode, ala "get fired once and it's game over".
well that sucks...I only like to play as the Cavs and I don't want to get forced into playing another team. What about ppl that like to tank on purpose is that out of the picture now?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #30
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone could hate this mode honestly. Everybody is shooting down the RPG element before it even gets off the ground good.

It's deep, and it runs circles around the stale Association we had to deal with for so long. I can't wait, most of my time will be spent with my Sixers in MyGM.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #31
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

If I decide to sim the first season and go straight to the playoffs, will my gm activities automatically be simmed too??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 17

I really have high hopes for this mode. Every action you make has a consequence. Thats how it should be. From the sounds of it, this is the type of franchise mode that I have always wanted. What is really intriguing is the idea that everything occurs through communication (text, e-mail, face-to-face) as it does in real life. nice little touch that can go a long way in adding a small level of much needed realism for the mode. I hope that the owners have individual personalities and goals. I want some owners to be cheapskates, only concerned with their bottom line, while others who want to win at all costs, and variations in between (it would be even better if these personalities were based off the real life owners).

Also, I hope that we can create age-appropriate MyGMs. I want my gm to be a middle aged guy, and I want the option for him to look like a regular person

Now, the most important thing of course, especially given that we will only be allowed one team to control is the other GM's AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »