Home

NBA 2k17 PC Performance

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 PC Performance within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 10:01 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17 PC Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Anyone using a GTX 970 and getting good performance? I know it isn't tip top of the line anymore, but I am swinging between 30-50FPS with everything on high right now. I can run pretty much anything else including The Witcher 3 on high/ultra without seeing this kind of choppyness

If anyone is using an Nvidia card and getting good perf, what drivers are you on? I am on 372.70
Yea idk what's going on....Driver 372.70 980ti 1440p and I'm seeing 50-60 FPS with dips into the mid-40s....not sure if that's normal but I'm not really happy :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 10:07 PM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
Yea idk what's going on....Driver 372.70 980ti 1440p and I'm seeing 50-60 FPS with dips into the mid-40s....not sure if that's normal but I'm not really happy :/
I have a 4gb gtx 960 and ran 2k16 at maximum settings with no problem, 2k17 had terrible framerate drops that made the game unplayable for me.

I used the settings posted on page 8 (I think he basically turned AA to 4, crowd and media people to medium, and disabled depth of field and motion blur) and the game runs at constant 60 fps now with no drops during gameplay. I still get drops during cut scenes but whatever.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:17 PM   #83
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

I am getting a driver crash on my GTX 760 (4gb). Hoping and praying that a patch will fix it as I haven't heard many others with the same problem.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #84
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

My FPS seems to stay the same regardless of my video settings, I only have 8GB of RAM on this machine maybe that is the issue?

My CPU isn't too old, its an i5-4590 so it should still be somewhat capable of running this

e: it would have been nice to mess with graphic settings while in a game so I can actually see what happens when I change options

Last edited by TheDuggler; 09-20-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:26 AM   #85
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Game runs fine to me on pretty old rig:
Intel i3-3240
Radeon 7850 1gb
8 GB ram

my video settings config

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 05:08 AM   #86
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
My FPS seems to stay the same regardless of my video settings, I only have 8GB of RAM on this machine maybe that is the issue?

My CPU isn't too old, its an i5-4590 so it should still be somewhat capable of running this

e: it would have been nice to mess with graphic settings while in a game so I can actually see what happens when I change options

8 GB Ram is enough today to run games smoothly. When you only need your PC to play games and not use it for rendering or something like that, more than 8 GB are a waste of money.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #87
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

So glad to see there are others, I glossed right over the PC section yesterday and posted in the regular section, but I’m super glad this exists.

I’ve got a gtx 750, not the greatest, but way more than I needed to run last year's game silky smooth. I’m getting what looks like just what others were saying, consistent running at 40-50 fps, and it seems like the animations are kinda being blown through as guys are getting bursts of speed and there’s no fluidity between animations, one of the things that has made this series so enjoyable. Also, there’s significant input lag on the controller as well, enough to make jump shots really rough.

Now, when i go to shoot around mode, it looks just like it should, smooth, silky, overall great. It’s acting like the video card isn’t enough, even though it is. So I thought I’d go ahead and turn off the crowd and media people and what not and see if it made a difference. Other than less framiness panning up and down the court (that zoom out is murder), the game is pretty much unchanged. I moved pre rendered frames down and up, nothing. I messed with video settings, nothing. I’m lucky that I haven’t bought it yet, I’m trying out my roommates game via steam family share, because it is really bad. It’s nice to know others seem to be having this problem. I’m going to try windowed mode tonight like that one guy suggested, I’d have never thought of that.

You don’t care where I sent this from.

- Rick Wise
Old 09-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #88
Rookie

3mir's Arena

Crowd is causing stuttering (Again)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »