Home

Few questions for a potential convertee

This is a discussion on Few questions for a potential convertee within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Few questions for a potential convertee

So I've been a 2K player for the past few years now but I am looking at possibly converting to NBA Live for the next generation if it gives me what I want from the basketball game. Graphics are not my biggest concern cause the games gonna look good either way on the new console. Gameplay is what I'm in for and I want a game that works and a game which the developers focus on making work on the gameplay side and not appealing to casual fans by introducing new things and not fixing others (cough 2K cough).

Anywhoo, just a few questions hopefully people from the NBA Live side of the spectrum can answer for me.

1. What is the dynasty mode (Association Mode for comparison pointer) like in NBA Live? What can I expect? What are the big drawcards of the mode? What does it offer for a major sim-junkie like me wanting ultimate realism?

2. So in 2K, the player rotation logic has never been right for several years now. Does NBA Live has a system where you can determine prior to a game how much time a certain player gets on the court? Do the AI ever follow it as you planned? (For example, am I able to give a guy 20 minutes starting and a guy 30 minutes off the bench and the guy starting plays 20 minutes and the guy off the bench plays 30 minutes?)

Thanks to all who can help me out in advance, it may just gain you an extra fan.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Few questions for a potential convertee

Quote:
Originally Posted by twhittle2308
So I've been a 2K player for the past few years now but I am looking at possibly converting to NBA Live for the next generation if it gives me what I want from the basketball game. Graphics are not my biggest concern cause the games gonna look good either way on the new console. Gameplay is what I'm in for and I want a game that works and a game which the developers focus on making work on the gameplay side and not appealing to casual fans by introducing new things and not fixing others (cough 2K cough).

Anywhoo, just a few questions hopefully people from the NBA Live side of the spectrum can answer for me.

1. What is the dynasty mode (Association Mode for comparison pointer) like in NBA Live? What can I expect? What are the big drawcards of the mode? What does it offer for a major sim-junkie like me wanting ultimate realism?

2. So in 2K, the player rotation logic has never been right for several years now. Does NBA Live has a system where you can determine prior to a game how much time a certain player gets on the court? Do the AI ever follow it as you planned? (For example, am I able to give a guy 20 minutes starting and a guy 30 minutes off the bench and the guy starting plays 20 minutes and the guy off the bench plays 30 minutes?)

Thanks to all who can help me out in advance, it may just gain you an extra fan.
No one knows. But expecting Live to meet your demanding expectations for ultimate realism when they couldn't even get a playable game shipped in the last three years is a terrible bet. Even if they did good work this year, they simply wouldn't have had enough time to develop a sim that covers all the bases you're expecting.

But if you like dribbling and Kyrie, well...
Old 10-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
No one knows. But expecting Live to meet your demanding expectations for ultimate realism when they couldn't even get a playable game shipped in the last three years is a terrible bet. Even if they did good work this year, they simply wouldn't have had enough time to develop a sim that covers all the bases you're expecting.

But if you like dribbling and Kyrie, well...
I mean you don't even have to take it that far, anyone that truly believes that Live will be better than 2K this year simply lacks the ability to think, I mean they aren't even willing to show gameplay, and what they HAVE shown looks to be years behind what 2K has already revealed. Can we just checkmate this already?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I mean you don't even have to take it that far, anyone that truly believes that Live will be better than 2K this year simply lacks the ability to think, I mean they aren't even willing to show gameplay, and what they HAVE shown looks to be years behind what 2K has already revealed. Can we just checkmate this already?
Exactly, and listening to Scott on that interview, he just confirmed my thoughts on what we'd see this year.
All I'm expecting from live this year is for them to at least put out a decent game, that has the basics down at the minimum.
The whole putting them up against 2K is just pointless for now. In a few years lets see where they are.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Nobody knows. We only know how to ridicule use smh and c'mon son here when talking remotely positive about live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

Just wow. This forum has changed.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Nobody knows. We only know how to ridicule use smh and c'mon son here when talking remotely positive about live.
Instead of joining the fray you could've taken the opportunity to Answer the man's question but the truth is you can't because EA has been purposely not showing you anyof those things but you misdirect that to people clearly not happy with the fact that they've been overly secretive again.

Fact of the matter is nobody really knows anything about this game except kyrie can dribble.

Galaxy Note 2
Old 10-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Instead of joining the fray you could've taken the opportunity to Answer the man's question but the truth is you can't because EA has been purposely not showing you anyof those things but you misdirect that to people clearly not happy with the fact that they've been overly secretive again.

Fact of the matter is nobody really knows anything about this game except kyrie can dribble.

Galaxy Note 2

tsk tsk you quickly forget we saw dame shooting a jumper

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »