Home

Official Indiana Pacers Thread

This is a discussion on Official Indiana Pacers Thread within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Official Indiana Pacers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
I think the issue is that we need an emotional leader, or just an emotional rock. Like for instance, last night. Hansbrough airballs one from like 15 feet, they go down the court score, quick back up the court, whif on a lay up, 6ers go down hit from 15 feet, George gets the ball and passes without looking, its picked off and dunked. Dudes are walking around like "I dont know what is going on". Nobody was there saying get your head in the game, or when they are down by 20, I dont see anyone taking charge.

I like Hibbert, Hansbrough, Granger, Collison, McRoberts, George, but we need that 1 player who will take charge. Everyone wants Granger to be that "Reggie Miller" type player, and I dont think he is.

I could be wrong and I just dont see him doing these things, but last night I would have liked to see someone keeping their head in the game when everyone else was gone.

How is Melo? I dont know who all is the FA class of next summer, but thinking ahead, is he someone who can fill this role?
Agreed. And some things just come with experience. This is a young team.

As far as Melo, there's no way the Pacers can afford him(as far as I know at least).
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #18
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

This is what I like to see out of a young player... Way to go Roy. Step up Big Fella... Step up.

I want Granger to be more of a vocal leader, and take that next step as well. He's been way too timid in his time in the league. If he plays a little more fierce, and demand the attention, it's going to make the rest of the game come easier to the rest of the team.

Stinker in Philly... but now they have a chance to reel off a few straight wins.

As for Free Agency... I honestly think that Melo is someone that they don't need to separate the team for. He won't come to Indiana anyway, but he's not a good "fit" with the existing pieces in my eyes. Would he bring a lot of scoring, yeah. Would he improve the win column in the first year? Yeah. But long term, I think he sets back the progression of the good young talent that's out there.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
MVP

dunnyduns's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Agreed. And some things just come with experience. This is a young team.

As far as Melo, there's no way the Pacers can afford him(as far as I know at least).
The Pacers could most likely afford Melo. The Pacers have Tinsely, Ford, Dunleavy, Foster, McRoberts, and Solomon Jones all with expiring contracts this season. That's around 30 million coming off the Pacers books for next season with less than 30 million committed to players for next year. The Pacers probably resign McRoberts but, the Pacers have enough for probably 1 max contract and then probably a mid range contract player next offseason.

The question about Melo would be would he even have any interest in the Pacers which is doubtful and would the Pacers even want him with Granger and George already on the roster. I was disappointed to see Horford get resigned by the Hawks even though the Hawks probably matched any offer outside of a max contract anyways if he doesn't sign the extension. So, the Pacers have money but, will there be any real options to spend the big bucks on is still to be seen. I think most likely the Pacers send the expiring contracts somewhere for a quality player around the trade deadline.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #20
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

That's what I would like to see happen. Granted, I'm a "new" Pacers fan. There is a lot of money coming off of the books, that we could ship out and net a really nice piece. Melo, wouldn't come to Indy... Horford at the 4 would have been nice. We would have had a very nice core group:

Collison
George
Granger
Horford
Hibbert

That is a very nice lineup. George, I just plugged into the 2 Spot. Really unsure about that position, but 1-5 that's pretty solid.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #21
MVP

dunnyduns's Arena

Pacers gave tonight's game away in the 2nd half specifically the 4th quarter. After a good offensive 1st half the Pacers that played against Philly showed up in the 2nd half. Pacers can't be losing games at home against a division rival missing a key player if they want to be a playoff team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #22
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

yeah I missed the game, was catching updates on my phone. seems like we just mentally couldnt close it out. they were winning literally the entire game. I check with 2 minutes to go, all of a sudden we are down by 5. I think the "emotional leader" issue might really be a big issue here. ANy way you look at it though, its still early, they put together 2 or 3 wins here maybe they can get some momentum. I try not to be too judgmental before christmas.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #23
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

not sure if you guhys are aware of it or read it alot, but i like this guy: http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/ its a pretty good blog, hes pretty funny sometimes.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #24
MVP

dunnyduns's Arena

The most overlooked and the most disappointing of the young guys on the team make his debut tomorrow night vs. the Nuggets. Brandon Rush from what I have read will likely get the start at SG tomorrow night. Rush played well to end last season so, it would be nice if that Rush shows up this season.

Edit: After doing more reading it seems like O'Brien is sticking with starting Dunleavy at SG. I really hate how O'Brien seems to favor the veterans over the younger guys. McRoberts,, Hansbrough, George, and Rush all need to be getting more playing time than Posey and Dunleavy. The Pacers need to let these younger guys get experience and see if they will be able to contribute in the future especially since Dunleavy and Posey aren't a part of future Pacers plans or at least I really hope they aren't.

Last edited by dunnyduns; 11-08-2010 at 08:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »