Home

50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #801
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad48
Josh...what values do you have set for the coaching sliders (Off/Def/no huddle)? Since you have your other sliders set to default I'm guessing these would be too. But I'm In YR 2037 so I don't know what the default values would originally have been.
Team specific...most teams have defensive aggression between 30-50 and offensive aggression around 45-65. Look: I am just playing around right now...don't fret about this for the time being...nothing may come of it.

My first test though is going to be with adjusting just aggression and run/pass ratios of MY team's coaches all to 50 and leaving the CPU's alone. I want to see if my team's settings skew the CPU's playcalling. Example: if I set my defensive run/pass ratio to heavily favor the pass, does the CPU get more conservative with their passing game? I'm hoping that we can do a simple adjustment just for the user's team, leave the CPU teams alone...that would be a quick fix that anyone can do without an editor or anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #802
Rookie

GamerDad48's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Team specific...most teams have defensive aggression between 30-50 and offensive aggression around 45-65. Look: I am just playing around right now...don't fret about this for the time being...nothing may come of it.

My first test though is going to be with adjusting just aggression and run/pass ratios of MY team's coaches all to 50 and leaving the CPU's alone. I want to see if my team's settings skew the CPU's playcalling. Example: if I set my defensive run/pass ratio to heavily favor the pass, does the CPU get more conservative with their passing game? I'm hoping that we can do a simple adjustment just for the user's team, leave the CPU teams alone...that would be a quick fix that anyone can do without an editor or anything.
ok. I was just wondering if the CPU was kept at 50/50 for run/pass ration and aggression. I have been playing with this set on Heisman and when it comes to coaching sliders I have have been just making the CPU Off/Def coaches sliders match the HC or close to it. Not sure if that is the right way to do but it works for me.

I like this new idea of AA though might have to give a try when I get a chance.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #803
Rookie

i came on here yesterday and was shocked that the new "sliders" are all 50... very bold. i always thought Heisman (or all madden) was more challenging yes, but it was not realistic enough. it ticks me off to have scrub CB's shutting down great WRs or having terrible QBs go off 19/21 passes on me. color me intrigued.

im going to play a few games this morning in franchise mode with everything at 50 except QB accuracy at 30 and Rush defense at 20 (both human and AI), bc it does seem 100% that rush def is more of a tendency; lower the rush def, the btter the pass coverage is. and vice versa. QB at 30 is just bc even low level QBs seem too good at 10 or 15 accuracy, especially in no huddle situations. soooo ill let you know what i see (if anyone cares lol)
Old 07-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #804
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyoitsmebrian
i came on here yesterday and was shocked that the new "sliders" are all 50... very bold. i always thought Heisman (or all madden) was more challenging yes, but it was not realistic enough. it ticks me off to have scrub CB's shutting down great WRs or having terrible QBs go off 19/21 passes on me. color me intrigued.

im going to play a few games this morning in franchise mode with everything at 50 except QB accuracy at 30 and Rush defense at 20 (both human and AI), bc it does seem 100% that rush def is more of a tendency; lower the rush def, the btter the pass coverage is. and vice versa. QB at 30 is just bc even low level QBs seem too good at 10 or 15 accuracy, especially in no huddle situations. soooo ill let you know what i see (if anyone cares lol)
How about if you give these a chance at straight default...you might just be surprised. The whole point of this setup is to change nothing at all. The minute you change a single slider, you fundamentally change the entire balance of the game. Lower QBA, and teams' entire offenses will fall apart and to a lesser degree, you'll begin to see the pass defense fall apart. You then begin that slippery slope into slideritis.

It's your game, you can do what you want....but if I were seeing crazy 90% completion percentages with no offline throws or anything, I wouldn't have posted these.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:41 PM   #805
Rookie

Hmmmmm ok, ill try it your way. i only played 2 games and sadly i killed the computer pretty hard, which isnt what i wanted to happen. the comp teams played realistically, they just couldnt score. either i intercepted them in the endzone or they were going for it on 4th and not getting it, they just couldnt put points on the board..

One thing i saw that bugged me is the QB running the option, keeping it, and i read it perfectly and "tackle" him behind the line, only to have him break that tackle, getting 5 yards up, shaking ANOTHER tackle. then finally being brought down by the 3rd guy after a 12 yard gain. lol. other then that the sack numbers were realistic, the completion rates were fine. nothing else too weird happened.

i think its also worth mentioning / reminding people if youre playing franchise mode do NOT buy every coach upgrade, just bc youve earned enough points to do so. i had an old franchise where i had level 3 on everything with my coach... it sucked alllll the fun out of the game. i could easily recruit dominant players year after year. i would have a roster full of 90+ overalls. and once you buy them i dont think you can get rid of them. the OC and DC its not a big deal bc if youre doing well theyll get other job offers and leave.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2017, 03:12 PM   #806
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyoitsmebrian
Hmmmmm ok, ill try it your way. i only played 2 games and sadly i killed the computer pretty hard, which isnt what i wanted to happen. the comp teams played realistically, they just couldnt score. either i intercepted them in the endzone or they were going for it on 4th and not getting it, they just couldnt put points on the board..

One thing i saw that bugged me is the QB running the option, keeping it, and i read it perfectly and "tackle" him behind the line, only to have him break that tackle, getting 5 yards up, shaking ANOTHER tackle. then finally being brought down by the 3rd guy after a 12 yard gain. lol. other then that the sack numbers were realistic, the completion rates were fine. nothing else too weird happened.

i think its also worth mentioning / reminding people if youre playing franchise mode do NOT buy every coach upgrade, just bc youve earned enough points to do so. i had an old franchise where i had level 3 on everything with my coach... it sucked alllll the fun out of the game. i could easily recruit dominant players year after year. i would have a roster full of 90+ overalls. and once you buy them i dont think you can get rid of them. the OC and DC its not a big deal bc if youre doing well theyll get other job offers and leave.
Pretty much what I would said would happen with those changes....easy peasy...crappy CPU offense....

Make sure you follow the OP to the letter and ALSO make sure you have those autosubs set to 49/50.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #807
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Guys....one thing I am looking at on the coach sliders which is showing some serious promise with respect to CPU playcalling...

Set the DEFENSIVE run/pass ratio to 50/50 across the board for both your team and the CPU's coaches. You can either a) use the editor or b) do it in-game. If you cannot get it exactly to 50/50 in-game, then get it as close as you can.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:34 PM   #808
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Guys....one thing I am looking at on the coach sliders which is showing some serious promise with respect to CPU playcalling...

Set the DEFENSIVE run/pass ratio to 50/50 across the board for both your team and the CPU's coaches. You can either a) use the editor or b) do it in-game. If you cannot get it exactly to 50/50 in-game, then get it as close as you can.

Thanks and if I'm not mistaken it's usually a good idea to keep aggression between 40-65 or does this change anything on that front?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »