Home

SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders

This is a discussion on SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders

Hi guys,

The old slider set just was not cutting it for me. It only took a few games for me to realize that some changes needed to be made. Honestly, I hated the last set. My apologies to those that actually used it. So with that being said, I am not a quitter and I will not quit on this game. It has so much potential. If I can find a slider set that works, this will be the first football game I have ever kept after the end of the football season. It is just that good. The following settings are the new base set:

The objectives I wish to achieve with this set include:

Dynamic interaction between the offensive and defensive line players.

Allow the CPU and User to effectively utilize play-action passing, option reads, draws, screens, and other slow developing plays.

CPU running-backs must be effective without being overly effective IE. running through tackles, warping through traffic, spinning out of gang-tackles, and unrealistic trucking of defensive players.

Smart defensive backs play zone coverage well, are effective in man to man coverages, and react to the run quickly but do not unrealistically jump routes.

Here are the settings:

Skill All- American

I admit, after seeing my failure with the last slider set, I began working on a Heisman set. In short, Heisman is just ridiculous. I won't get into the many problems that I saw with the Heisman setting, but I will tell say that EA definitely has an interesting way of thinking in terms of increasing a game's difficulty. FG Attempts from 60 yards? Really?

After experiencing the game under all difficulties, I still feel All-American is the way to go with NCAA 11

Injuries- On
Fatigue- On
Quarter 8-9min
Game Speed- Normal
Player Min Speed 0

My last set had the threshold at 30. This was a huge mistake. If you want to make the game feel like an old fashioned arcade game, increase this setting. Threshold effects player acceleration and just makes the game too fast in my opinion. 0 threshold gives the players a sense of weight. Players with slow acceleration ratings really have to work to get to maximum speed. Threshold does increase the player speed on defense but also increases the rate of acceleration for the offense as well, making the offensive running backs too fast out of the backfield and receivers much to quick off the line. I also noticed the old zig-zag effect was back and in living color at 30 threshold.

EA probably should include an option in next year's game to allow us to change offensive and defensive threshold individually. With that being said, all my future sliders sets will be 0 threshold

Home Field Advantage On
Ice the Kicker On

Penalties
Offsides 45
False Start 50
Facemask 45
Offensive Pass Interference 100
Defensive Pass Interference 100
KR/PR Interference 100
Clipping 45
Intentional Grounding 100
Roughing the Passer 100
Roughing the Kicker 100

Custom AI User/ CPU
QB Accuracy 10/ 10

The same rule still applies with this set or any set. 10 while not being perfect represents the most realistic play for the QBs. Most noticeably, QBs scramble when the pocket breaks down. I have never seen a QB scramble while playing at the 15 setting. At 10, I see touch on the ball versus hard thrown balls at 15. I like to see a QBs accuracy and confidence deteriorate if he is having a bad game. 15 for either the user or CPU is just to accurate for me, especially when under pressure.

Pass Blocking 30/ 25

This area along with Run blocking is where I am paying extremely close attention. My objective is for the slider set to allow the offensive lines to effectively block pass rushers, while eliminating the effectiveness of the overpowered swim move. This setting eliminates the unrealistic suction blocking. CPU blocking oddly seems a little bit more powerful than the user. These settings should allow both the user and CPU a little more time to make their reads; usually about 2-6 seconds. High rated rushers are still extremely effective.

WR Catching 45/ 60

User catching could be increased but I am extremely concerned about unrealistic warping that could occur at higher settings. 60 for the CPU seems perfect. Dropped balls still are frequent on both sides but increasing the settings at the expense realistic play is not an option.

RB Ability 40/ 90 (Updated 2/5)

All of you are aware of the CPU running issues with this game. The CPU running backs play like dunces at lower settings. 90 will present extremely smart running from CPU running back. 90 with the below settings opens up the CPU running game. It is extremely important for the CPU to utilize the full potential of it's running backs in this game. 90 does this. You will see spins, hurdles, jukes, and stiff arms. This setting not only effects the running backs but, all other ball handling skill players on the field. This is a key setting and a must. 40 for the user is perfect in my opinion. this setting balances the ratings for a user controlled running back and allows us to utilize the full potential of a player.

Run Blocking 40/ 40

As I mentioned previously, one of my objectives with this set is to fix the broken play action passing and option game. This setting is the highest setting at which offensive lines block correctly. Lower the blocking settings, and defensive will just slide by the offensive linemen. If there was any way to lower this setting, and still get effective blocking, I would. This setting plays a big factor in allowing the CPU to utilize it's offenses.

Pass Coverage 55/ 60

Defensive backs play pretty well at these settings. This setting is really a catch 22 this year. The setting for the CPU really needs to be higher, but unfortunately raising it will lead to a perfect mirroring of your receiver's routes. Zone coverage is decent but certainly could use some improvement. I possibly may raise the User to 60 as well.

Pass Rush 25/ 20

In order to obtain that dynamic interaction, we must eliminate the effectiveness of the swim move. It is extremely overpowered and causes major problems with the game if not set appropriately. Again, the CPU swim move is much more powerful than that of the user. This is another setting that plays a large part in allowing the CPU to run it's offenses correctly.

Interceptions 20/ 30

For the user, nothing has changed, this is not a catch slider. if set high, it will cause the defensive backs to jump routes. 30 may actually be a little high for the CPU but my hopes are that the higher setting my help the weak pass coverage by the CPU

Rush Defense 0-5/ 15 (Updated 2/5)

Ok, this may seem a little extreme, but let me explain. Earlier in the patch cycle, EA made a change with the rushing defense slider. The change in my belief effected the game play in a way that absolutely eliminated the ability of offenses, whether CPU or user controlled to execute slow developing plays out of the back field. The rush defensive slider is just too powerful. Lowering the setting reduces the ability the of the defensive linemen to get into the backfield, allowing plays such as play action and particularly the read option to be effective. CPU Oregon, in testing was able to run their spread offense with smoothness and precision. The jury is still out on whether this makes the human running game less difficult. In my observation, reducing the effectiveness of a defensive linemen against the rush actually makes it more difficult because the defensive linemen remain in more of a containment and stay in their gaps; it is much more difficult to run when a defensive lineman is in front of you rather than behind you in my opinion. I will keep testing this.

Tackling 50/ 50

Tackling had to be increased. 50 plays well for both teams. You will see gang tackles when necessary. The previous lower settings resulted in too many missed tackles.

FG Power 20/ 20
FG Accuracy 55/ 55
Punt Power 55/ 55
Punt Accuracy 80/ 80
Kickoff Power 55/ 55

Substitution Out/ In
QB Sub 65/ 70
RB Sub 80/85
WR Sub 80/85
FB/ TE Sub 80/ 85
OL Sub 60/ 70
DT Sub 80/ 85
DE Sub 80/ 85
LB Sub 80/ 85
CB Sub 70/ 85
S Sub 80/ 85

Remember, coaching sliders change everything. Inputting the setting for all 120 teams takes about an hour. I assure you the that the time will be well spent and you will reap the benefits when all is said and done.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html

Please post feedback! Enjoy

Last edited by SECElit3; 02-07-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Banned

Re: SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders

Major updates made
Old 09-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

CaptKogleberry40's Arena

OVR: 1

SEC, lookin good man, I'll be testing these out real quick before I implement them in my dynasty, but the last set was pretty sweet so I'm sure they'll be awesome! Great work
Old 09-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Banned

make sure that threshold is zero... for pass coverage
Old 09-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OthaWize's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey SEC, I like your sliders and was playing with the previous one. I will try these when I get home.

Just a quick question I noticed you had the pass coverage at 0 and INt at 80 to set off for the soft coverage. Are you going to leave Int at 80 withe the bump up to 60 with coverage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
Banned

Yes, I did alot of testing with the interception slider and found that it nothing more than a catch slider. It simply determines how likely a defensive player is to catch a ball. You will still see dropped interception opportunities but a more realistic number of interceptions actually caught. It has no effect on pass coverage whatsoever. I am 100% positive.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
Banned

I am watching some CPU vs CPU games within my dynasty right now because I always test sliders in CPU games to make sure they provide good results for CPU play and needless to say, I am impressed.

The last game presented the Auburn tigers and Arkansas State Redwolves. I don't post stats for CPU games but I can tell you that I observed Newton run the option very well. In fact, the option game was a huge part of Auburn's offense and auburn ran it very very well. Funny note: Auburn ended up winning the game 43-27; real life score this year: 52-26

I am currently watching a game between Marshall and Ohio State. Saine has already broken the 100 yard mark with 5 min left to go in the half. This is looking like it will be a nasty game. Ohio State is already leading 31-3. Terrell Pryor is 14-19 for 216 yds and 1 TD
Old 09-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
Banned

2 adjustments I will make based off of this game:

pass rush to 35 - 30 doesn't present enough of a pass rush. Ohio State's strong point in this game real life was not the pass rush and only accounted for 1 sack. However I am continuing to see heavy suction blocking.

Brandon Saine was effective in the real life game but not this effective - 45 seems to allow him plus yardage on most of his carries, usually about 3 -4 yards per run. I am going to test run block at 45 for a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »