Home

This whole "SIMULATION " thing(gray area)

This is a discussion on This whole "SIMULATION " thing(gray area) within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2022, 11:39 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: This whole "SIMULATION " thing(gray area)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Truth be told, nobody knows except EA, 2k, and the NFL.

Most of what's been said in this thread (and the many others) is nothing but speculation (on all sides).
Exactly. We, the fans and outsiders, don't have a clue what simulation means to the NFL, EA, and 2k. It could mean that 2k isn't allowed to do 11v11 at all. It could meand they simply can't have a franchise mode.

I imagine 2k is limited in multiple areas, but I can't act like I know what they can and can't do. That's where my interest is right now. I simply want to see the reveal and information dropped so we see what they're going for.

I don't expect them to drop 2k8's spiritual successor by going through loopholes, but I don't think not being simulation means they'll have to go the Blitz route.

My personal dream is that they simply can't have a franchise mode structured like the NFL and that the game is basically MyTeam with authentic gameplay on the field, but that's a dream, not an expectation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-15-2022, 03:00 PM   #18
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Further, this notion that 2K could find some loophole to break the spirit of their agreement with the NFL and EA is really naive. It's a good way to never have anyone license something to you again. There is no gray area for the parties involved. They all negotiated the deal.

The wording from the contract that was released is what I always come back to. EA remains the sole holder of rights to an NFL simulation video game. If 2K wants to use the NFL license, it cannot simulate an NFL season.

I've speculated that they could just do a card game, like MUT. With the Lego license, they can do something like Super Mega Baseball. But they won't provide any way for you to simulate the NFL season, nor will they allow their game to be a sandbox in which an NFL season could be made.

It won’t be Lego. Not the first game. The new 2k football game will release before the start of the NFL season and the first Lego game of the series is soccer, slated to drop in November.

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...-nfl-2k-delay/

2ks already has my park established with NBA. Madden threw The yard into their game after the 2k deal was announced. That’s the game imo. It makes too much sense not to be. 2k already has the blueprint for it , it’s ripe for micro transactions, 5v5 or 7v7 can’t be considered simulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-23-2022, 09:09 AM   #19
Rookie

steeleye5's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It won’t be Lego. Not the first game. The new 2k football game will release before the start of the NFL season and the first Lego game of the series is soccer, slated to drop in November.

I think it's also really important to note that not only is the first Lego game a soccer game, but also the 2nd one in development is an open world racing game scheduled for 2023. So that studio has their work cut out for them at this moment.

At this point, I've seen a lot of theories, some good and some bad. Who's to say what this game is and what is considered a sim and what is an arcade game. We could have an open-world My Park (or My Player), a management sim, a MuT like game, or NFL Playgrounds. I am really curious and impatiently waiting for the announcement trailer because it'll be really interesting to see which way they go with it.

We won't know until they announce it. We could all be wrong as to what it is.
Old 03-25-2022, 06:04 PM   #20
Rookie

NFL just partnered with a company to do a VR game. You need a console or Pc to use it, j/s. This whole exclusive thing might not be sooo exclusive anymore.
Old 03-25-2022, 06:09 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...-nfl-2k-delay/

2ks already has my park established with NBA. Madden threw The yard into their game after the 2k deal was announced. That’s the game imo. It makes too much sense not to be. 2k already has the blueprint for it , it’s ripe for micro transactions, 5v5 or 7v7 can’t be considered simulation.

Even if it was exactly like an updated NFL 2k5 with 5v5, 7v7, and even 10v10 it isn't a simulation of the NFL's 11v11 j/s. Need to see the wording of the contract between NFL/EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2022, 11:16 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebirdz
Even if it was exactly like an updated NFL 2k5 with 5v5, 7v7, and even 10v10 it isn't a simulation of the NFL's 11v11 j/s. Need to see the wording of the contract between NFL/EA.
I’m pretty sure 2K is not looking for armchair lawyers to find loopholes the attorneys they pay thousands of dollars worked hard to eliminate. No one wants to sign a contract with someone looking to exploit it.

2K would be never get anyone to work with them again if they approached these negotiations as a way to specifically do EXACTLY what the NFL and EA is trying to prevent with these negotiations.

If 2K releases a sim football game that people here love, it will be because of what they negotiated with EA, not what they are able to get away with.
Old 03-28-2022, 04:07 PM   #23
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebirdz
NFL just partnered with a company to do a VR game. You need a console or Pc to use it, j/s. This whole exclusive thing might not be sooo exclusive anymore.
I suspect this less about any changes to exclusivity, but rather others in a position to make something that was never prohibited by it. See also: mobile games.

For those not familiar, Steve posted a story about it - https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ball-game.html
Old 04-05-2022, 02:21 AM   #24
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
My personal dream is that they simply can't have a franchise mode structured like the NFL and that the game is basically MyTeam with authentic gameplay on the field, but that's a dream, not an expectation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The only problem here is AXIS Football added a 32 team NFL like structure for their Franchise Mode and that seems to be fine. Sure that's a game with custom teams and custom players but using your wording, having a Franchise Mode structured like the NFL doesn't seem to be an issue. It does suck that we don't know what the simulation license really means and what games can be made and can not be made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »