Home

This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone!

This is a discussion on This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2022, 09:26 PM   #41
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
Would love to see something before my kids get busier and I have less time…
Alright, let’s play this out. Let’s imagine they release three screenshots this week. Everything else is the same - game isn’t ready for release yet, no details are shared, they’re not asking for preorders, etc.

You’ve been thrown a bone. What changes then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2022, 01:07 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Alright, let’s play this out. Let’s imagine they release three screenshots this week. Everything else is the same - game isn’t ready for release yet, no details are shared, they’re not asking for preorders, etc.

Pretty much this: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...9&postcount=57
Old 04-27-2022, 07:49 AM   #43
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

I would be happy with a damn name of the title. This way I would at least have an idea about what type of game we should be expecting. If the name is Bobblehead NFL 2K or Lego NFL 2K then it will be way over the top arcade as opposed to a more subtle arcade game. For me a perfect example would be NFL Blitz 7 on 7 was over the top arcade with the leg drops, on fire animations, and exaggerated player models. Whereas Tecmo Super Bowl 11 on 11 was more subtle arcade in the sense of the over-inflated stats, the ability to throw from one end of the field to the other and exaggerated breaking tackle abilities.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 04-27-2022 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:17 PM   #44
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

One Day before the Draft, let's hope we hear something tomorrow night. For a game that was supposed to be ready to release last year, why not release any information on it and let us know what type of game it is? It's just odd how the game was ready to be released a year ago but 2K doesn't want to release any information on it. So was the game not ready last year which caused the one year delay?
Old 04-28-2022, 05:43 AM   #45
MVP

zello144's Arena

Right now Take Two's fall lineup looks pretty weak. Aside from the usual NBA 2K and WWE 2K they have a Marvel strategy game announced and that it. They tend to announce their stuff in May usually. If we don't get anything between now and then we're not getting a proper announcement this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2022, 08:55 AM   #46
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Right now Take Two's fall lineup looks pretty weak. Aside from the usual NBA 2K and WWE 2K they have a Marvel strategy game announced and that it. They tend to announce their stuff in May usually. If we don't get anything between now and then we're not getting a proper announcement this year.
You're right about your statement. If they don't bring up the title on there May 16th Q4 2022 conference call then I will at a loss as to what is going on with this game.

https://ir.take2games.com/events/eve...onference-call
Old 04-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
One Day before the Draft, let's hope we hear something tomorrow night. For a game that was supposed to be ready to release last year, why not release any information on it and let us know what type of game it is? It's just odd how the game was ready to be released a year ago but 2K doesn't want to release any information on it. So was the game not ready last year which caused the one year delay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
You're right about your statement. If they don't bring up the title on there May 16th Q4 2022 conference call then I will at a loss as to what is going on with this game.

https://ir.take2games.com/events/eve...onference-call
I've been saying Draft could be start of a reveal window up to June. It just doesn't seem likely today

That conference call timelines makes sense. Some publishers usually give a timeline of game releases for the year after the Q4 conference call. So it could make sense to get some type of info around that time
Old 04-28-2022, 01:05 PM   #48
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Off-topic: I think the official launch window for WWE 2K has changed to the Spring ('Wrestlemania season') of any given year.

It'd be pretty moronic of them to release WWE 2K23 in October - November after the newest title just released a month ago.

I do agree that if nothing is revealed or hinted at during their next conference call then this/these title(s) are essentially just "vaporware." Which doesn't add up in a myriad of ways.

We'll just have to continue to wait and see, but on the bright side other alternative football games are on the horizon. And they all seem to be taking steps forward too.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 04-28-2022 at 01:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »