Home

This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone!

This is a discussion on This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2022, 06:09 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Honestly, another aspect could be as simple as an agreement not to market their new game before X date, so as not to interfere with EA’s current game.

That could push the date as far as after the Super Bowl. Again, because this is not normal, 2K is under far more restrictions than in most licensed sports game situations.

And honestly, that a better perspective. Because I don’t think EA would care if it was Lego NFL. But EA sure as heck would be opposed to an all out discussion of 2K’s new game before they can even release PR for their own 2023 Madden release.

Again, this is what happens when people treat marketing as an essential form of their entertainment, not just an open willingness to be manipulated, but enough for expletive filled posts aimed at the people you hope are making a great game demanding they should.

No matter when they release info, and how much they release, the game will come out and be what it is, great, average, or awful. And trying to determine that from marketing is a joke.

And worse, what folks really want to do is “make sure the game is fixed” before release. I mean, what a shame it would be if they released the game without input? Right?

But I mean, I guess, what’s the harm in raising expectations based on marketing and FUD, other than making it an unwelcome environment for devs that used to share real information.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:16 PM   #58
Rookie

Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm really not trying to be a jerk here with that post. I wish we knew something as well. The fact is, 2K has never really been known for their great marketing. Well WWE 2K kinda looked like it was gonna change that.

But what I'm trying to say is more a general perspective of how marketing works in the gaming .
All fair

I think the most frustrating part of this for me personally has more to do with OS than 2K.

I’ve been giving you guys crap for years within this context. I know, for a fact, some corners of moderation found it exhausting. I get it.

Y’all were nice enough to accommodate the subforum and actually give a growth opportunity to a potential community, and there’s just been nothing. There’s a part of me that feels accountable, in some regard for that, and it kinda sucks.

There’s no intention to extend the topic here, just felt like I should say that.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:24 PM   #59
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
All fair

I think the most frustrating part of this for me personally has more to do with OS than 2K.

I’ve been giving you guys crap for years within this context. I know, for a fact, some corners of moderation found it exhausting. I get it.

Y’all were nice enough to accommodate the subforum and actually give a growth opportunity to a potential community, and there’s just been nothing. There’s a part of me that feels accountable, in some regard for that, and it kinda sucks.

There’s no intention to extend the topic here, just felt like I should say that.
No problem man. I get it. I want info too. I'm excited to see what they are gonna do. I loved 2K as well. I played it from day one on the Dreamcast. My buddies and I used to have tournaments in the dorms in college, then at wherever we lived after that as the series went on.

I can remember being a freshman at Kent State and going into the computer lab just to look up info on the first NFL 2K game. I remember being in awe of the graphics at the time. I will always remember 9/9/99. First game I played and I was hooked.

Hopefully we will get something soon so we know whether to be excited or not. lol
Old 05-09-2022, 10:26 PM   #60
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Honestly, another aspect could be as simple as an agreement not to market their new game before X date, so as not to interfere with EA’s current game.

That could push the date as far as after the Super Bowl. Again, because this is not normal, 2K is under far more restrictions than in most licensed sports game situations.

And honestly, that a better perspective. Because I don’t think EA would care if it was Lego NFL. But EA sure as heck would be opposed to an all out discussion of 2K’s new game before they can even release PR for their own 2023 Madden release.

Again, this is what happens when people treat marketing as an essential form of their entertainment, not just an open willingness to be manipulated, but enough for expletive filled posts aimed at the people you hope are making a great game demanding they should.

No matter when they release info, and how much they release, the game will come out and be what it is, great, average, or awful. And trying to determine that from marketing is a joke.

And worse, what folks really want to do is “make sure the game is fixed” before release. I mean, what a shame it would be if they released the game without input? Right?

But I mean, I guess, what’s the harm in raising expectations based on marketing and FUD, other than making it an unwelcome environment for devs that used to share real information.
I'm in complete agreement and that is an interesting consideration. For me though, there is this tangibility factor that I need. I need to know this game exists. I need to know that it's actually coming out. Until I see actual footage, it's one of those things that is kind of just out in the ether for us to pretend that it's coming. I need my hands on something soon, because we've been sitting on this news literally for years now.

I also feel like the more time that passes by, the less like 2K5/2K8 this game will be. Obviously it can't be a simulation title, but there are certain things 2K games did which appealed to me that Madden can never do no matter how good it is, mostly because of stylized decisions. Camera, controls, interactions, sounds, you name it. The stamp that those 2K games had is something that I'd like to still see, even in an arcade style. The more that you remove time and developers/producers from that era, the less likely you'll see something of that ilk (in my opinion).

Quote:
I can remember being a freshman at Kent State and going into the computer lab just to look up info on the first NFL 2K game. I remember being in awe of the graphics at the time. I will always remember 9/9/99. First game I played and I was hooked.
This is all I can ever think of on this day in history.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 05-09-2022 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:45 PM   #61
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

Quote:
No problem man. I get it. I want info too. I'm excited to see what they are gonna do. I loved 2K as well. I played it from day one on the Dreamcast. My buddies and I used to have tournaments in the dorms in college, then at wherever we lived after that as the series went on.

Hopefully we will get something soon so we know whether to be excited or not. lol
Fellow golden flash here myself!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2022, 11:06 PM   #62
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vazione
Fellow golden flash here myself!
Nice! When were you there? Or are you there now?
Old 05-10-2022, 02:45 AM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm in complete agreement and that is an interesting consideration. For me though, there is this tangibility factor that I need. I need to know this game exists. I need to know that it's actually coming out. Until I see actual footage, it's one of those things that is kind of just out in the ether for us to pretend that it's coming. I need my hands on something soon, because we've been sitting on this news literally for years now.

I also feel like the more time that passes by, the less like 2K5/2K8 this game will be. Obviously it can't be a simulation title, but there are certain things 2K games did which appealed to me that Madden can never do no matter how good it is, mostly because of stylized decisions. Camera, controls, interactions, sounds, you name it. The stamp that those 2K games had is something that I'd like to still see, even in an arcade style. The more that you remove time and developers/producers from that era, the less likely you'll see something of that ilk (in my opinion).
I agree with all of that. It’s why I find it to be such a bummer when folks raise expectations unnecessarily. The odds it is even a fraction as genre changing as NFL 2K is almost nil. Madden has far exceeded anything 2K has done at this point. Best case scenario, 2K releases a deep NFL game we all like, but it’s going to have issues, because it clearly can’t be a standard game.

Super Mega Baseball took three entries to really dial in their game. We are not awaiting the return of the king here. We are hoping it’s a prince that isn’t murdered in its crib. I am 100% interested in following what 2K does with this title, and will almost assuredly buy it, even if it is Lego.

But 2K football is not even close to entering my mind as a legitimate football title to look forward to. It is nothing but a curiosity at this point. And there is nothing from 2K that indicates they want anyone thinking about this game. They really don’t want to get caught up in the bait and switch crap we got with Joe Montana Football, which means not encouraging the kind of rampant speculation that needlessly raises hopes for a game that will never exist.

But not a single word we read or right is going to impact what we get and when we get it. If a game company starts responding to social media, it’s over. It means they don’t have confidence in their own game.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:53 AM   #64
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

Quote:
Nice! When were you there? Or are you there now?
Undergrad until 2012
Masters until 2019

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »