Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2020, 08:37 PM   #1
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2007
Blog Entries: 1
UT2K

Utility Tool Kit for NHL 2K



Find the official home of UT2K, the NHL2K10 and NHL2K11 roster editor by snowdrift & nikethebike at http://playnhl.tk or https://playnhltk.wordpress.com.


This is a spreadsheet exporter/importer for use with NHL2K10 and NHL2K11 roster files.



The toolkit also includes tools to make it possible to import entire leagues and seasons into the game based on csv file exports of real player and team statistics in just one click.


This all started when snowdrift wrote a very simple Windows utility (command-line only) for NHL2K10 that exports player attributes from a roster file to a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet can then be edited and imported again to update player names, positions, player types and gameplay attributes. The original release and additional info is available here.


Snowdrift later on shared his work with nikethebike that kept on developing the tool and added NHL2K11/2KHS support aswell as possibility to edit a lot more than the original release could.
At the current moment this release can be considered to be experimental. It has possibility to actually edit also values that are not yet found out what they do, therefor using the tools should be done with care and backups should be taken of all edited files.


There is also an extremely limited amount of documentation on the usage of the tools, but an example can be found inside the imports folder. Feel free to ask questions and help eachother out by documenting usage here in the forum.


Now Edit and Play NHL Two K!


Disclaimer: ABSOLUTELY ALL USAGE OF THESE TOOLS ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK.


http://PlayNHL.TK
https://playnhltk.wordpress.com
__________________
Now go play NHL Two K!

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html

Last edited by nikethebike; 12-26-2020 at 08:48 PM.
nikethebike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2020, 09:13 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Re: UT2K

Thank you so much! Just two things... how am I supposed to change things such as country of origin and date of birth? For the roster I'm working on, that is the most important thing I need to know. And, is there a way to change player IDs? One of the players I'm replacing, Loui Eriksson, was born in Sweden and is even on their national team. However, the player I'm replacing was 🎵BORN IN THE USA!🎵
Jlnhlfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:25 PM   #3
Rookie
 
rangers9911's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southern Tier, NY
Re: UT2K

Thank you for all of your hard work. I can’t wait to try this out!
rangers9911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:50 PM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2007
Blog Entries: 1
Re: UT2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlnhlfan
Thank you so much! Just two things... how am I supposed to change things such as country of origin and date of birth? For the roster I'm working on, that is the most important thing I need to know. And, is there a way to change player IDs? One of the players I'm replacing, Loui Eriksson, was born in Sweden and is even on their national team. However, the player I'm replacing was ��BORN IN THE USA!��
Birth country can't be changed yet. The way it is stored seems to be offset based or something, like the player names. Haven't figured it out yet. Date of birth is in the exported spreadsheet.


Feel free to write tutorials and stuff to help eachother out. I had planned to do it but gave up. I realized it is better to just get it out so you can try it. I have not tested my changes on 2K10 yet so I appreciate feedback.
__________________
Now go play NHL Two K!

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html

Last edited by nikethebike; 12-26-2020 at 09:53 PM.
nikethebike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:05 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Re: UT2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
Birth country can't be changed yet. The way it is stored seems to be offset based or something, like the player names. Haven't figured it out yet. Date of birth is in the exported spreadsheet.


Feel free to write tutorials and stuff to help eachother out. I had planned to do it but gave up. I realized it is better to just get it out so you can try it. I have not tested my changes on 2K10 yet so I appreciate feedback.
I see how things are with the country.

Last edited by Jlnhlfan; 12-26-2020 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Found the indexes for the birthday.
Jlnhlfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2020, 02:26 PM   #6
Banned
 
daflyboys's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lehi Valley, PA
Re: UT2K

I've since tweaked the 12/26/20 PS3 rosters a bit more. There had been mention of correcting the problem with overloaded minor league teams where they do not allow you to simply release guys or move up to the major league team. It has to be a trade or nothing. Specifically, it's typically they get loaded over 27 players and then it locks it up. I know at least 1 team where it's only an overload of defensemen in the minor league affiliate (NYR).

I was hoping that if I could post the teams that are problematic and if someone could take a look at this, and correct it and get the file back to me for testing or if you have a PS3, test it yourself?
daflyboys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:56 PM   #7
Rookie
 
rangers9911's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southern Tier, NY
Re: UT2K

Got a chance to use the program and exported a few csvs.a project of mine is to start a fresh x360 roster file with no overloaded teams. It is going to take a significant amount of time should I follow through but this will drastically help. I look forward to some time when my 21 month old is asleep to look at the program and the extracts later
rangers9911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:36 AM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2007
Blog Entries: 1
Re: UT2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers9911
Got a chance to use the program and exported a few csvs.a project of mine is to start a fresh x360 roster file with no overloaded teams. It is going to take a significant amount of time should I follow through but this will drastically help. I look forward to some time when my 21 month old is asleep to look at the program and the extracts later
The magic happens inside the imports folder and "run.bat". Look inside the base subfolder where I have put a base csv compatible with a standard roster to be able to map new players automatically to the teams.
__________________
Now go play NHL Two K!

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
nikethebike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Top -