Home

Decompiling and modding NHL2K10 PS3

This is a discussion on Decompiling and modding NHL2K10 PS3 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2021, 10:31 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Decompiling and modding NHL2K10 PS3

I agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #26
Rookie

I agree. Year after year there are rumours that next year EA will release the next version on pc. Not gonna happen.

We can reverse engineer the files and make tools to mod the game but console security systems are most restrictive think to get mods available on retail console owners.

No one has yet managed to jailbreak Xbox one and Xbox 360 needs chips and soldered wires to run modded files. Too complicated for most.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:04 PM   #27
MVP

What 2K did to WWE by making it easier to mod on the PC was to make a lot of the modders that were stuck modding on the PS2 version actually move on and buy the latest games. Also by it being possible to move characters from one game to the newest it made people buy the newest game even though the roster did not include their favourites because it was possible to expand the roster and put them in if you wanted.
I think it actually increased their sales, probably not by very much but I think it did. But still by just reaching out to the PC market you will get more sales aswell. I won't buy a console just for a hockey game but I would buy a hockey game for the PC.

So at the moment it is 2KHS and NHL Legacy on emulators for me.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 02-12-2021, 02:38 PM   #28
Rookie

As a big fan (and little contributor as well) of NHL 2004 Rebuilt, I wish you guys best of luck with this project and will definitely follow this

And yep, a new PC hockey game would be great (just immagine what the modding community could do)...

p.s. Too bad my laptop is not able to run NHL 2kHS properly, would love to try it (I play 2k8 on the ps3 from time to time and absolutely like some of the aspects of the game).
Old 02-13-2021, 05:52 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilHell37
As a big fan (and little contributor as well) of NHL 2004 Rebuilt, I wish you guys best of luck with this project and will definitely follow this

And yep, a new PC hockey game would be great (just immagine what the modding community could do)...

p.s. Too bad my laptop is not able to run NHL 2kHS properly, would love to try it (I play 2k8 on the ps3 from time to time and absolutely like some of the aspects of the game).
Honesty if the face offs could be made harder and 3v3 or 4v4 add to NHL Rebuilt it would be a near perfect game.

The main issue is going to be writing mods and files back onto the PS3 and getting them to work which would be my end goal but just having a modded game via emulation is something to start with. We're at the stage now with emulation where things run very well. I'm aware that emulation may be a little breach of forum rules but I do own a shop bought PS3 and copy of NHL2K10.

I'm working on a small website and Facebook group at the moment to get the project off the ground. I think this weeks going to be a big week once I hear back from my guys.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:41 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzUK
Honesty if the face offs could be made harder and 3v3 or 4v4 add to NHL Rebuilt it would be a near perfect game.

Sorry for the out-of-topic, but since you mentioned it, I would advice to use drgullen's ingame sripts to adress the issues mentioned by you: (the forum rules do not let me post a link yet, but you easily find it on the NHL 2004 Rebuilt website)

Generally, it adds a "unpredictable" factor to the game and really improves the gaming experience (for instance far less one timer goals, more rebound goals, ai makes more nice plays and becomes less of a shooting machine). Also, it gets rid of the faceoff domination (generally you will than see about 50/50 split in faceoffs won) and you can enable a version of 3-on-3 overtime.

Also, I plan on getting a good gaming pc in the next couple weeks/month, so I should finally be able to try out 2KHS (and your eventual 2k10 mod of course).
Old 02-15-2021, 01:50 PM   #31
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

In regards to sports modding, it has been proven to be possible. Yes you need to jailbreak your PS3 but it is very much possible to run a seamless mod.

NCAA College Football Revamped has been an amazing revelation, they've gone back and updated uniforms, logos, scoreboards, fields, etc. It's been a long labor of love but shows the possibilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2021, 03:36 PM   #32
MVP

As I mentioned games have been modded on PS3 and XBOX360 for more than 10 years now, WWE games are examples. Research and tools for specific games is what is needed.

PS4 and 5 games will also be modded eventually.

But. It takes time and motivation to do this.

People tend to work less and less for free.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »