Home

Grand Theft Auto V Online

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto V Online within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
Grand Theft Auto V Online

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/gr...line-play.aspx

With it only being a week away from release I thought it would be good to begin the conversation and speculation.

One thing that has not been confirmed but in my mind is the most important thing is how everyone's character progresses in skills.
Essentially I see it like this:

-Everyone starts at zero everything.
-Everyone picks a playstyle with increased in certain skills like 2k's player types in my player.

Personally I like the idea of everyone being at zero. It pretty much guarantees replay value and also puts everyone at a level playing field. Also it forces us too enjoy the other aspects of the game that isn't just shooting. Want to get better driving participate in street/off-road races. Want to get better in flying participate in races or choose to be the pilot often in flying type of missions. Want to run faster and longer do a few marathons and triathlons against other players etc.

What do you guys think will be the "thing" for this online experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Online

One thing I hope isn't the case is it better not be easy for crews of people to ruin heists you're doing with your crew. Say you knock off a bank. Hopefully another group of players isn't able to just camp outside the bank and RPG you to death and take your money the second you step outside. That would ruin the experience.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
One thing I hope isn't the case is it better not be easy for crews of people to ruin heists you're doing with your crew. Say you knock off a bank. Hopefully another group of players isn't able to just camp outside the bank and RPG you to death and take your money the second you step outside. That would ruin the experience.
I believe that is where the choosing who you play with will be big. If your playing with your friends or people on your crew, I doubt you will have to worry about that. Random people on the other hand, who knows.

Will it know who is in your crew from the social club page or do they need to be on your friends list?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6

I am thinking the heist will be its on lobby. However if you are playing with randoms who at the end of the heist choose to "take it all" then that is where your problem with picking your crew full of guys you trust comes into play.

Also you have to pick by skills as well be mindful of that.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

If any of you do a heist with me, just know I will shoot you and take your money
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Hopefully it's like red dead where if you want you can have a private game world with just you and your friends that you can still use to advance your character, play missions, and such. I'm just not a fan of trying to do things in online modes of games only for some jackass to just pick me off with a sniper rifle for the hell of it.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 09-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #7
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

Still surprised they haven't included some kind of cops and robbers mode...game is ideal for it, esp. with the crazy chases, pursuits, roadblocks etc.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #8
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

I can't wait for this! But I hope its more RDR then GTA4. GTA 4 had some odd options, I remember ghost streets, no pedestrians or traffic just me and some real players!

I hope, there's a living world out there, NPCs following their schedules and at the same time, real players doing their own thing. Can I be a cop? Can I like break into people's heists and try and stop them!?

That would be awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »