Home

Escape from Tarkov

This is a discussion on Escape from Tarkov within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2020, 04:55 PM   #81
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Escape from Tarkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Any tips on meeting money requirements for the traders? I can level up peacekeeper but he needs 13k USD which is over 1mill in roubles if I buy USD from him. I was able to do therapist with ease because she buys Bitcoin for nearly the same price it is sold on the market

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
reading this as a non-player is effing hilarious. It makes you sound schizophrenic or something lol . Game sounds really intense!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2020, 08:40 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Any tips on meeting money requirements for the traders? I can level up peacekeeper but he needs 13k USD which is over 1mill in roubles if I buy USD from him. I was able to do therapist with ease because she buys Bitcoin for nearly the same price it is sold on the market

Early on only keep a few guns & body armor for raids, sell everything you get out with. It will be tempting to use a gun you found which sells for 100K+ BUT you don't have the armor, helmet, or ammo to rock high end guns early on. You will get one tapped and lose that precious weapon without even getting to use it. Once you start being able to gear yourself up with lvl4+ body armors THEN you can start taking in high tier weapons. Instead early on, sell it all and make use of the early weapons like the SKS. Focus on killing scavs, extracting with 50k+ worth of things and sell it all. You are not going to be capable of fighting high end PMC's like me and Cane. We will shrug off the low tier ammo and tag you with one round of high end armor piercing rounds and end your night.

Once you hit the lvl 15 range you start being able to compete with geared PMC's but you will be spending precious money in the flea market to buy BT or BS ammo. That money could be spent in your traders where you need the money used. So my advice, focus on your lvl, use the stuff available from those traders and don't get gear hungry to chase the flea market grind. That comes later.

The exception to this is mosin runs, whether you get one on a scav or bring one in a raid. If you play them slow and wait for a good shot, you can end even high geared players with one head shot. The disadvantage, you miss and get pushed. It won't have the speed to compete in close, which equals to an easy kill for a PMC.

Last edited by Phobia; 01-22-2020 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #83
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Early on only keep a few guns & body armor for raids, sell everything you get out with. It will be tempting to use a gun you found which sells for 100K+ BUT you don't have the armor, helmet, or ammo to rock high end guns early on. You will get one tapped and lose that precious weapon without even getting to use it. Once you start being able to gear yourself up with lvl4+ body armors THEN you can start taking in high tier weapons. Instead early on, sell it all and make use of the early weapons like the SKS. Focus on killing scavs, extracting with 50k+ worth of things and sell it all. You are not going to be capable of fighting high end PMC's like me and Cane. We will shrug off the low tier ammo and tag you with one round of high end armor piercing rounds and end your night.

Once you hit the lvl 15 range you start being able to compete with geared PMC's but you will be spending precious money in the flea market to buy BT or BS ammo. That money could be spent in your traders where you need the money used. So my advice, focus on your lvl, use the stuff available from those traders and don't get gear hungry to chase the flea market grind. That comes later.

The exception to this is mosin runs, whether you get one on a scav or bring one in a raid. If you play them slow and wait for a good shot, you can end even high geared players with one head shot. The disadvantage, you miss and get pushed. It won't have the speed to compete in close, which equals to an easy kill for a PMC.
That's actually what I've been using, picked up a silenced mosin off a PMC and have ran with it for about the last 5 or 6 raids. I would have a 8 raid streak but I had a couple run throughs after running across the map looting a whole scavbp worth of junk. Didn't even see anyone to shoot for 20+ minutes.

Currently level 13 and trying to get the 4 pmc pistol kill task done. Running with mosin and a Glock with a long stick mag and it's been working pretty well so far. Only had the chance to get 1 easy Glock kill so far only because he didn't see me and I just lined up a headshot

Old 01-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

With how many new players are running around, you could probably run factory as a pistol only player and knock that quest out. Run an APS and some okay armor and you'll be alright if you don't run into any big boys. I did that quest "late", but before all the new players showed up, and it was terrible. Probably took me 15 raids, but I ran into ap many heavies it was crazy. Now that the game is so popular, you're bound to run into some new players and light geared players on factory. You'll still run the chance of running into a group like my buddies and I running class 5 or 6 armor and helmets with M4s and VSSs.

― Plato
Old 01-24-2020, 08:10 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

"Hello all, my name is Phobia and I have a gun problem!! "
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0168.jpg (256.4 KB, 112 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

5 more graphics cards and my hideout is completely done. I also noticed last night that after doing the math, in the last like 65 raids I think it is, I've died 4 times, ran through 9 times, and survived every other one. We've been killing it as a group lately. The thermal raids and the heavy factory raids definitely help there. I've been able to basically buy all 50 graphics cards over the past week to 10 days because the money is pouring in.

― Plato
Old 01-25-2020, 03:47 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Finally had my first death from stutters. Was in the resort and my buddy and I were a group of 2. We came across another 2-man. He killed the first. I went for the 2nd and when I got around the corner I shot twice and then my game froze, I tanked about 10 shots, came back and got another shot in him then died. My buddy hit him once to finish him. I did 160 damage to him in the 3 shots I got off so I probably easily survive the encounter without the stutter. Fortunately I got everything back, Killa, Vulcan-5, FAL with thermal scope + canted sight. My buddy said it was funny because I rounded the corner, shot s few times, then sat there doing nothing as that guy pumped his mag into me lol. The other guy was a level 41 so I'm sure he probably realized he got a cheap kill, but oh well, I got it back and I'm in a good spot even if I didn't.

― Plato
Old 01-25-2020, 09:43 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Welp, just made out with a weapons case, an ammo case, and a few guns from a Marked Room run on Customs. Also had a blacked out head, but didn't die. Vulkan-5 saved my life. Had a bullet impact right in the center of my face shield. The other guy and I would have traded. Unfortunately, we were too paranoid to loot too many bodies or else we'd have made off will probably over a million roubles profit, but I don't care, I needed another weapons case and now I have it. And I still made 300k off of what I did sell.

EDIT: Ooof, after talking about surviving all of those runs I have now died in 3 of my last 4. The sad part is 2 of them have been the game crapping itself with the stutter and desync. Oh well, the one Marked Room run in there I did survive makes up for it, plus I did finish my hideout completely so all of this money now is 100% towards gear.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 01-26-2020 at 01:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »