Home

OOTP 19 Franchise Progress

This is a discussion on OOTP 19 Franchise Progress within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #25
Pro

notsobabybombers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OOTP 19 Franchise Progress

Awesome addition: I got a story that says Neil Walker told reporters he doesn't care if the team wins or loses. Two days later, I get a message saying "action needed: NY players not pleased with selfish player." The message says the manager has received complaints and this could affect team morale. I have the option to do nothing, release Walker or suspend him five games. This game is amazing.

Also, since joining us, Paxton is 4-0 with 40 Ks, only 3 walks and a .50 ERA!

Edit: ironically, Walker went down with a high ankle sprain on the day of his suspension and he'll miss 4 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #26
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Edit: ironically, Walker went down with a high ankle sprain on the day of his suspension and he'll miss 4 weeks.
I hope you don't have a Tonya Harding situation on your hands. ..

Old 03-21-2018, 11:20 AM   #27
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
^^ Gotta go sign Alex Cobb, bruh...
Signed Cobb, inserted him into the roation. First start is at Fenway. Goes 7.1 strong is leading 4-2 when he suffers a strained forearm will keep him out for about 2 weeks....won the game tho. Rotation is a dumpster fire.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #28
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Just got into my Brewers Franchise for the first time last night. I play as GM only, but still play the games and determine strategy within games. I'm really digging the new player animations, they're obviously not detailed, but still add quite a bit to the feel of the game. Only got 2 games in, 1-1 so far.

I'm going to try and find a way to move Cain and Braun around the deadline for some cheap pitching so I can bid on Harper in the off-season. Team's are usually pretty smart about not taking on huge contracts with aging players so i'm thinking this will be difficult.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #29
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

OK all set for my Current Yankees.
Back to work tonight. Next day off is Friday so I'll start it then

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #30
Rookie

TannerYoho's Arena

Dabbled in OOTP 18 last year towards the end of the year, and was overwhelmed and punted. This year I plan on grabbing it so I can play during breaks in class.

Will be GM of the Buccos and try my best to stick to the Pirates way, develop players and trade them before they're a free agent. Been reading a lot on here about hiding ratings and I think that sounds awesome. I've always wished games would add this setting.

I'll get my gameplay from the show, and general management from OOTP.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #31
Pro

notsobabybombers's Arena

We put up 101 wins but, in a flash, it's over. Our nemesis, the Red Sox, beat us in 4 in the ALDS. Judge went down with a torn labrum that ended his season in early September, so fans will be asking themselves "what if..." for a while. We were in each game of the series with Boston but they slammed the door with a 9-5 victory on Game 4 in Fenway. Now, the Yankees head home, as their season is over.

Standings:
Yanks 101-61
Sox 85-77**
Rays 75-87
Jays 74-88
Os 71-91

Ind 100-62
Twins 87-75**
Tig 80-82
Sox 68-94
Roy 59-103

Ast 91-71
Angel 81-81
Oak 77-85
Mariner 75-87
Range 74-88

NL East
Nats 85-77
Met 82-78
Phil 83-79
Brave 79-83
Mar 63-98

Cub 91-71
Pirate 86-76
RED 85-77
Card 78-84
Brew 65-97

Dod 102-60
Dbacks 89-73**
Pad 86-75
Giant 79-83
Rock 77-85

The Padres and Pirates tied for the second WC and the Padres won the play in game.

Oakland's Khris Davis slugged 68 homers. Wow.

San Diego beat Arizona in the WC game and Boston topped Minnesota 8-7.

Miraculously, the Padres beat the 102 win Dodgers in four games in the NLDS. The Dodgers finish another season without living up to their expectations.

Washington beat the Cubs in four in the other NLDS.

The defending champion Astros topped Cleveland in a competitive five game series in the ALDS. Their title defense continues. So, too, does Cleveland's drought.

ALCS: Boston vs. Houston, NLCS San Diego(!) vs. Washington

The Astros are healthy, with their only injury being RP Tony Sipp. They were only 7th in RS and 6th in RA, so they didn’t exactly dominate. Boston is healthy, too. They were only 8th in RS (11th in homers) but they were near the top of the AL in OBP and batting average. They had the 3rd best starter’s ERA but only the 12th ranked bullpen. San Diego has made it this far with a staff ranked 3rd in RA. (They’re 11th in RS.) The Dodgers lost Turner and Taylor to injuries, so maybe San Diego just got lucky. Washington had one of the NL’s better offenses but their bullpen is still their kryptonite (14th in NL.) They’ve lost Gio Gonzalez and Tanner Roark to season ending injuries, which doesn’t help their cause.

Holy....wow. San Diego swept the Nationals and will represent the NL in the World Series! The MVP of the series was 22 YO Allen Cordoba, who cycled in the series and had a pair of three hit games in addition to that cycle.

Houston beat Boston in 6 games, so they will meet San Diego in the World Series. San Diego jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the series but Houston stormed back to tie to at 2-2. Houston won their third game in a row to take a 3-2 lead. San Diego handily won G6 in Houston to force G7 in Texas. Houston blanked The Padres 2-0 in that game to win the World Series and complete their title defense. Altuve (who else?) won MVP of the series. The Astros have now won two WS in a row (counting last year's real life win.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #32
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsobabybombers
We put up 101 wins but, in a flash, it's over. Our nemesis, the Red Sox, beat us in 4 in the ALDS. Judge went down with a torn labrum that ended his season in early September, so fans will be asking themselves "what if..." for a while. We were in each game of the series with Boston but they slammed the door with a 9-5 victory on Game 4 in Fenway. Now, the Yankees head home, as their season is over.

Standings:
Yanks 101-61
Sox 85-77**
Rays 75-87
Jays 74-88
Os 71-91

Ind 100-62
Twins 87-75**
Tig 80-82
Sox 68-94
Roy 59-103

Ast 91-71
Angel 81-81
Oak 77-85
Mariner 75-87
Range 74-88

NL East
Nats 85-77
Met 82-78
Phil 83-79
Brave 79-83
Mar 63-98

Cub 91-71
Pirate 86-76
RED 85-77
Card 78-84
Brew 65-97

Dod 102-60
Dbacks 89-73**
Pad 86-75
Giant 79-83
Rock 77-85

The Padres and Pirates tied for the second WC and the Padres won the play in game.

Oakland's Khris Davis slugged 68 homers. Wow.

San Diego beat Arizona in the WC game and Boston topped Minnesota 8-7.

Miraculously, the Padres beat the 102 win Dodgers in four games in the NLDS. The Dodgers finish another season without living up to their expectations.

Washington beat the Cubs in four in the other NLDS.

Has anyone notified the Devs of this obvious glitch?

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »