Home

It Has Been a Busy Month: Here's Our Top Three Games You Should Buy (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on It Has Been a Busy Month: Here's Our Top Three Games You Should Buy (Roundtable) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
It Has Been a Busy Month: Here's Our Top Three Games You Should Buy (Roundtable)

Kevin Scott NBA 2K19 NHL 19 The Golf Club 2019 There might be some recency bias...

Written By: Raychel Sanner

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: It Has Been a Busy Month: Here's Our Top Three Games You Should Buy (Roundtable)

The choices and variety here just ram home what a poor time it is to be a sports game fan.

Ten to twelve years ago none of these lists would be the same - such was the breadth and depth of choice we had.

Multiple college sports games. Competition on NFL/NHL/NBA and MLB, Boxing, Rugby, Multiple tennis games, cricket, arcade sports games, even arena football had a brief run of games.

I still play the Xbox arena football which is a surprisingly deep game.

Some of the games had seemingly better options than now. One of the College BBall games have multiple commentary teams with real life presentation for each of the channels

Golf had the excellent Tiger Woods series.

Boxing had multiple options admittedly some better than others.

The lack of competition and various other factors mean its slim picking for us.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

ToughJuice's Arena

OVR: 0
Think Ill start playing APF 2K8 again
Old 10-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Here’s how my gaming time is spent
1. NBA Live 19
2. NHL 19
3. FIFA 19
4. Golf Club
5. NBA 2k19*
Old 10-02-2018, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

Re: It Has Been a Busy Month: Here's Our Top Three Games You Should Buy (Roundtable)

With the way 2K has handled VC yet again this year and Madden being mostly a complete mess, I find it borderline insane that these people have them ranked so high. I only own FIFA, but its great so far and I'm going to buy Live and NHL at some point. Live and NHL have gotten deserved praise.

You only need to look into the forums here and on Reddit to see people really upset about 2K and Madden. Again, this article is crazy and I'm surprised this was even put on OS to begin with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 05:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Surprised no one said PES or Live given the heap of praise they've gotten.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Larry
With the way 2K has handled VC yet again this year and Madden being mostly a complete mess, I find it borderline insane that these people have them ranked so high. I only own FIFA, but its great so far and I'm going to buy Live and NHL at some point. Live and NHL have gotten deserved praise.

You only need to look into the forums here and on Reddit to see people really upset about 2K and Madden. Again, this article is crazy and I'm surprised this was even put on OS to begin with.
2k offers the most in depth and robust single player experience with unprecedented levels of customization completely unaffected by VC. The gameplay, variety of different modes and overall presentation are also excellent so those are probably the reasons why it's ranked so high.

I don't think there's anything "borderline insane" about that.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:44 AM   #8
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

I just don't get how Madden is in anyone's top 3. Sooooo many problems with the game. I shouldn't have to change people's ratings to make the game play better. Yet here I am changing the RB's so the CPU runs better without all that juking. But you know what? I guess I need to do that for all the damn players (which no way in hell I'm going through everyone to change juke and spine move).

I was playing the Jets and they pick it off. It should have been a pick 6, but instead of the CB running away from my qb and OL, he decides he wants to run to the middle of the field and than do a spin move............ Like he had 1/3 the field to run to and he runs back to the middle? That is a huge deal. So I need to change everyone's ratings???? Really???? I would spend more time doing that, than playing the game.........

CPU RB's still do stupid stuff even with changing Juke and Spin move. I don't think the CPU even audibles.

That's just one thing with Madden. There are just too many other sports games doing it way better than Madden for it to be in the top 3. Sorry fellas I think you all are way off on that one.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »