Home

Your brain fart(s) of the day

This is a discussion on Your brain fart(s) of the day within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #49
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Your brain fart(s) of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Oh, finding my car is always an issue for me. I think every UConn football game I went to this year I spent at least 20 minutes looking for my car.
Yeah, I always forget where I park. One time I walked up to a car that was the exact color and model as mine, a black Toyota Rav4, it has one of those remote lock/unlock door thingies and it beeps whenever you lock or unlock it. I wondered why it didn't beep when I hit the button and walked up, tried to open the door and then realized that it wasn't my car when I couldn't get in.
I got away from that car as fast as I could. I felt like such a moron.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #50
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
Yeah, I always forget where I park. One time I walked up to a car that was the exact color and model as mine, a black Toyota Rav4, it has one of those remote lock/unlock door thingies and it beeps whenever you lock or unlock it. I wondered why it didn't beep when I hit the button and walked up, tried to open the door and then realized that it wasn't my car when I couldn't get in.
I got away from that car as fast as I could. I felt like such a moron.
LOL that reminds me...

Did the same thing with my Grand Am. I hit the unlock on the remote and actually started to get inside. (must have already been left open) Immediately realized it wasn't my car and shut the door and walked speedily to my car 3 spaces down.

At USC, I wasn't paying attention going back to my on campus apt. Opened the door and had a strange feeling that something was off. Turns out, I had gone into the wrong apt. I had only gone up 1 flight of stairs instead of 2. Luckily, nobody was there (i knew the girls that lived there though)
Old 12-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #51
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
LOL that reminds me...

Did the same thing with my Grand Am. I hit the unlock on the remote and actually started to get inside. (must have already been left open) Immediately realized it wasn't my car and shut the door and walked speedily to my car 3 spaces down.

At USC, I wasn't paying attention going back to my on campus apt. Opened the door and had a strange feeling that something was off. Turns out, I had gone into the wrong apt. I had only gone up 1 flight of stairs instead of 2. Luckily, nobody was there (i knew the girls that lived there though)
I did this just last month. We have a small gym in the basement of my apartment complex. So I got done working out and was really tired and wasn't paying attention. I thought I walked up 3 flights of stairs to me floor, instead walked up 2 and went to the apartment right below me. I tried to unlock with it with my key and was wondering why it didn't open and that's when I realized.

I quickly left the scene lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 24

I'm on my iphone talking with a friend. He asks me to check the score of a game. I tell him I can check on my iphone instead of going back to my office computer.

I check the holder of my phone and see it's empty. I'm still talking with him while I start looking for my iphone,and start to panic a little thinking it's misplaced, all the while I'm using it.

It finally dawns on me that I need to put the phone on speaker so I can check the score while talking with him at the same time.

This was Thursday;he was still laughing about it on Friday.....
Old 12-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #53
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
I did the same thing at the beginning of this year. I currently live in room 1109 in my dorm, right next to the stairwell door. Four years ago, I lived in 1009 of the same dorm. With my heel injury I'm out of shape so I was trudging up the stairs since the elevators were broken, totally out of breath, and somehow either miscalculated the number of steps I went up or just naturally thought 1009.

So anyway, my keyring tether was around my neck and I bent down to try and unlock the door that way. It wasn't working, and the person from inside opened the door, pulling me along with it. He said, "What the **** are you doing to my door?" I was still there in that hunched position, silent for about five good seconds before I realized what I did. Then I went, "You know, funny story..."

He understood and we went about our ways. It was still hilariously awkward though.

Oh, and actually my dad had a better one. This summer we were traveling around every weekend for my sister's softball tournaments. For three straight weekends we had tournaments in Stockton and we stayed at the same hotel, but different rooms each weekend. I had left to get something to eat while my dad was arriving from the complex and he hadn't yet checked into the room. I guess he brain farted, thinking that we were in the same room as we were in the previous weekend. So he tried knocking thinking I was going to be in there but the door was locked, and he went downstairs to get a new key card from the desk (they knew us well enough from the last weekend that they just trusted that was the right room) and they gave him a card.

... hehe...

So he entered that room, sees a computer on the desk and food wrappers all around thinking, "Geez Brandon, what a mess," and he heard the shower running, thinking, "Oh, Brandon must be in the shower." He sits down and starts watching TV, and I guess he was about to use the bathroom when he stopped short and saw a bra on the sink outside of the bathroom. He processed it for a second, and realized, "THIS ISN'T MY ROOM!" He heard the shower turn off and he high-tailed out of there, calling me and yelling at me saying I gave him the wrong room number when I never even told him it in the first place. When we both got back to our room, he told me this story in his first-person narrative.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-19-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #54
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18

oh my god Blzer ahahaha that's great.

not really a brain fart but along those lines.

I vacationed with my parents in a condo in florida once. it was really new, construction wasn't even finished yet, but some rooms were. We get there and the attendant shows us to our rooms, I see a big lump on the bed. I think nothing of it. I jump on it facefirst. It's a girl. I was 8. She woke up, I was mortified. I ran out of there and my parents handled it.

Yeah, no fun.
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 12-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #55
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Small one but... last month I was in Gamestop buying a cheap game (I think it was marvel ultimate alliance 2). When the girl at the register told me the total, I pulled my wallet out, took out the correct change then folded the bills up and put it in my pocket. I proceeded to hand her my wallet. She takes it and says, "so can I spend all of it or do I have to bring you some of the money back". We had a good laugh but I felt like an idiot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #56
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt965
oh my god Blzer ahahaha that's great.

not really a brain fart but along those lines.

I vacationed with my parents in a condo in florida once. it was really new, construction wasn't even finished yet, but some rooms were. We get there and the attendant shows us to our rooms, I see a big lump on the bed. I think nothing of it. I jump on it facefirst. It's a girl. I was 8. She woke up, I was mortified. I ran out of there and my parents handled it.

Yeah, no fun.
Awesome! I'm not sure how much of a brain fart that is other than an unfortunate mishap though lol.

You want to witness multiple brain farts? I hope you didn't miss NFL Sunday.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »