Home

Quirky things you do...

This is a discussion on Quirky things you do... within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #65
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Quirky things you do...

I do a lot of these also so I won't restate those. I do have a few others though.

- After I burp, sneeze or fart I always say "excuse me" even when I by myself.

- I always take my shoes off and drive with my socks on. Even when I'm in the car with my clients. They make fun of me about it all the time.

- When I'm watching TV, I have no problem sitting on the couch. However, when I play a video game at my crib, I have to be lying on the floor, against the couch with a pillow to prop my head up.

Just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure ill think of more later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2011, 03:30 AM   #66
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Ever since I tore ligaments in my ankle it makes a cracking noise when ever i twirl it so I twirl it just too hear the cracking noise.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

When Im walking in the mall aimlessly, I break out in spontaneous coreographed dance numbers. Dozens of other people usually join in the same dance rouitine. Then observers look in astonishment and take video to which they upload online and becomes viral. Thats a normal saturday for me.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #68
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
So what are some of your quirks?

For me, the temperature or volume in my car must be on an even number. This also holds true for volume of TV's in the house too.
Weird... I have the same hang-up. EDIT: After more reading I see this is fairly common. Still odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroehms
-I keep all of the receipts to my video games in their cases along with the manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I do that too.
As do I. Separated at birth?

Last edited by Qb; 05-02-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 18

Some of these are very interesting and funny (no offense)

I must watch all DVD's with subtitles (I have this fear that I miss something important).

My electronics have to be organized perfectly, games, wires, controllers, etc have to be in a specific way and placed back after each use (my relatives call me names about this one).

I never split a pole when walking with another person; I either step in front or step back behind them.

If someones foot hits mine, someone steps on my shoe, or vice versa I have to shake that persons hand (a superstition that if I don't that person and I will become enemies, and it freaks people out when I shake there hand and explain why, lol).
Old 05-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #70
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

I actually just started the reciept thing in my games a few months ago. Seems much more tidy and organized that way. I don't have it in my wallet, and I don't have to fish for it if I need it.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #71
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

When reading articles online (or OS threads, etc.) I have this quirk of tapping the left and right keypads a whole bunch, shifting the lettering all of the time. That or I'll double- and triple-click text and highlight it for no apparent reason other than to do it.

The former quirk becomes a problem when reading articles on Kotaku (among other sites) because pressing left and right changes the article you're reading. The latter quirk is problematic when things like keywords become links or definitions when you highlight them on some sites, etc.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #72
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

I highlight text that I'm reading on a computer screen line by line (or sometimes a few words at a time)

I also count steps a lot

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »