Home

Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread

This is a discussion on Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #33
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Official OS Sports Card Collecting Thread

Don't worry, once Corey Patterson makes his comeback to become MVP you're gonna be rich.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 27

Modern cards these days are so mass produced now that they have pretty much no value to them. It's a shame. The cards that will bring you the most money are cards pre 1950's.

I have a 1993 Derek Jeter rookie card that I would be lucky to get $20 for. I would never sell it, but just saying as an example. These days it's more for the collecting and fun of it rather than selling for the average person.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #35
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

You would think that when we are all in our late 40's or 50's some of these cards from the 80's and early 90's might have some value. You gotta figure a lot of those cards will get lost over the years and there won't be as many available. Man I can remember when our local mall would have card/memorabilia shows, they used to have the dates for those shows in the backs of the Beckett magazines. Good times.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by King88
You would think that when we are all in our late 40's or 50's some of these cards from the 80's and early 90's might have some value. You gotta figure a lot of those cards will get lost over the years and there won't be as many available. Man I can remember when our local mall would have card/memorabilia shows, they used to have the dates for those shows in the backs of the Beckett magazines. Good times.
A few malls in my general area still do these. I went to one about a month ago and traded a seller some relic cards and $25 for about 15 2012 short print cards. Considering what the cost can be for some of those short prints it was a steal. Haha.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #37
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

Picked up some of the new Heritage cards yesterday, and I'm really impressed with them. I've heard lots of complaints about the close up head shots used on the cards, but I like the 1964 design.

Short prints are supposed to be falling in one of every three packs this year with Heritage, but I ended up pulling 6. I had two blasters (8 packs per) and a rack pack. So, I guess I was kind of lucky. Unfortunately, I didn't get the Harper/Trout.

I really got back into collecting cards last year, and this is probably my favorite card in my collection:

Nothing like the Trout auto that I saw earlier in here, and I'm extremely jealous by the way.

I have focused on collecting Cubs cards primarily, and not so much of the set building. I'm definitely going to try and piece the new Heritage set together though.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #38
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

These were some of the popular cards when I was a kid.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #39

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Man, this thread is giving me the itch again to get back into sports cards. I became extremely burned out on the rising cost of boxes/packs and the chase for nothing but auto's and patch cards, its like most cards outside of those werent worth a thing. I remember pulling a Chris Paul auto 5 years ago or so and the thing was only valued at around $20 and that was the highlight of the box, a box that cost me somewhere near $70.00 to buy. There is nothing like sitting down with a new hobby box and popping it, I dont know what it is but there is nothing else that gets me as excited as it.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #40
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20

Saw this thread made me breakout the family collection(primarily my dad's, probably around 100 pages ranging from 69-76) I added to it in elementary school.

Here are a few notable cards I collected:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Here are a few of my father's:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »