Home

Can we make our own game?

This is a discussion on Can we make our own game? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Can we make our own game?

If you guys can put together a top notch SIM Football game, ala "Front Office Football" I would help fund the project.

I would like to sit down and go over the project.

Front Office Football is just missing some small items but its almost there. 2D Animation would help out, besides some other items. Must be able to play online.

The problem with most of the newer football sims, that leave out a lot of what is in football, like Free agency, penalties, salary cap, etc. That's why I like Front Office Football, even though its dated a little, they give you what football is.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #74
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
Ok....just a BIG question for me: can someone provide some nice looking animations? Mo-Capped or Key-Framed......

Here's what I have in my mind (now I'm working as a 3D Engineer on a project that will be finished soon):

- Generic 3D Game 11 vs 11
- Total Customization by Community (look at what http://www.nba-live.com/ can bring to a game)

I already have a Game Engine (totally written in C++/DX9/DX11) up and running for PC that's been used for a FPS game but It's very flexible. It stands on Havok for Animations and Physics and fMod for Audio/FX.

....the big question is about the animations. If someone can provide good looking animations I could be really really intersted in joining/create a PC simulation Football (ala Front Page Sports...since I'm old style PC sim fanatic )

My goal is to work on the engine....and let the community work on uni's 3D Models/stadium/overlay....

Hope someone in intersted on this type of project.

Please don't write any PM to me I'd like to have this discussion open to everyone

I'm sorry that nobody reply to my previous call....

can somebody provide me some good animation like running OL/DL interaction.....catching...throw animations.... on so on.....

If yes I can create a simple DEMO in months and from this we can see if the project can grow into something intersting....

Let's wake UP Pc Sports gaming again ^_^

Hope to hear someone soon
Happy New Year
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

Last edited by mauro78; 01-03-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would love to see a football game for the PC again. Here are my thoughts:

- Focus on good arcade action and realism in the playbooks/stats/etc. Lifelike graphics should be the lowest priority.

- Customization is key. Users should be able to modify the teams, leagues, and players as much as possible. As a bonus, this means we don't need an expensive NFL license. If there's a better game than what EA offers, fans will be willing to buy and mod it appropriately. Look no further than all the fans who download NCAA rosters with the real names.

- Simple, relatively small CSV files should hold the data. That makes the game easy to modify, and custom rosters easy to share.

- Have rules options that can be turned on or off, and not just rules that exist in real life. One example, it would be cool if a team that scores a defensive touchdown gets the ball instead of having to kick off.

- Have a real offseason and training camp with 85 man rosters.

- The ideal game (and I understand it might make it too complicated) would allow college players to be exported to the NFL draft.

- One game mode that would be a lot of fun is Expansion Team Mode. You would be the new coach of the league's 32nd team. You start out observing the 31 team league go through its season. Then you do the expansion draft, free agents, and rookie draft and try to build a contender as quickly as possible.

- For a college game, I'd like to see a Create A School mode. You choose the school's name, colors, mascot, and location and start out in I-AA...the goal is to win the national title in a I-A conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #76
Rookie

Oops!! Forgot to mention what I'd like to see more than anything else in a football game.

Instead of fantasy football, you draft a full roster before the season. Players are re-rated at the end of the season based on how they performed. Then the teams in each league play their season in the video game.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #77
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

I posted this a couple years ago in a different thread. This one seems to be more appropriate for it:

My pipe dream football game is one that is ultra-customizable.

- Custom teams: logos, colors, uniforms, locations (almost anywhere across the globe), and custom stadiums.

- Full league customization: location, number of teams, season format (traditional, round robin, double round robin, etc), rules (Pass interference? Intentional grounding? Roughing the passer? Not in my league!), and more.

- Your choice of developmental system. Want to stay with the traditional HS > College > Pro system? Go ahead. Want to completely revamp it and have a soccer-style development system where your scouting young players and developing them yourself? Go for it! Want to have some hybrid, like MLB? Why not?

- The game would include a HS/youth level, a mid-level development/college level, pro levels, and international levels.

HS/Youth - Purely for scouting.
Mid-level development/college - Playable and scoutable.
Pro - A person can have one dominant pro league or multiple levels. Can even link the levels with promotion/relegation if desired.
International - For franchises and countries. I love international play in FIFA and Rugby 06. If you have multiple leagues set up in different countries, why not have the ability to set up a competition where they're pitted against each other? Why not include IFAF member countries?

Also, a Youth level international competition (U18), a mid-level international competition (U21), and a senior international competition (anyone as long as they're good enough).

Games are expensive to make (not as expensive as some on here have estimated). $500,000-$750,000 could really get a decent PC game built (you can buy a really good physics engine for like $60,000). If it's made to use PC gamepads, it wouldn't even really be much different than playing NCAA or Madden, aside from probably graphics, production value, and, of course, the licensing.

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 01-12-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #78
Rookie

Ok I am going to attempt to make this game with very little knowledge of how to make a game. I do know some of the logic though from programming experience.

Now I will admit i give up on projects very easily because of boredom, so in a week this project may be over or maybe in 3 years il have it complete

we'll see, but i'm going to do attempt at this.

Teams: Eagles, Phillies, Sixers
Old 02-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #79
Rookie

If someone could make a game with 2k8 onfield play, Madden 4+ grafics and everything else like FB Pro98, it would be a GREAT game!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #80
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
i guess we just need the right person to stumble across this post. like getting discovered in a drug store by an agent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juce734
This is the worst idea. Nobody is going to just stumble across this post and be like "Hey I am an unemployed programmer. This sounds like a fantastic opportunity."
Also, there's the problem that non-licensed football games do not make money, and an unemployed programmer unfortunately needs to eat.

Backbreaker, All Pro Football 2K8, and Maximum Pro Football by most accounts did not do well financially. Blitz: The League did okay, relatively speaking, but the Blitz name had pre-established clout (NFL Blitz series) and there was plenty more to that game than football as it had a fleshed-out setting, storyline, and atmosphere; these factors separated from every other sports title on the market.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »