Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=541286)

37 03-09-2012 08:42 PM

2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

Since a lot of guys are starting up franchises(whether it be dummy or real ones), I thought this would be an appropriate time to create this thread and have guys list their trades, have trades rated, advice regarding potential trades, etc....Plus, i don't think the franchise thread should be flooded with trade discussions

EDIT: if u guys gunna ask for advice on potential trades can u PLEASE make sure to include a) what position(s) ur lookin to upgrade, b) how realistic are u, and c) what would u be willing to give up...This would make it easier to find player(s) that suit ur needs/wants

ToLLey 03-09-2012 08:45 PM

Re: 2012 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

I am the Tigers in my franchise and i wanted to upgrade my infield and add a good starter in at the start of the season.

I traded Jhonny Peralta and a B prospect for Alexi Rameriz. I did this trade because i can't stand playing JP in the show, he sucks at SS.

I then traded my best prospect Jacob Turner and a A prospect for Chris Carpenter.

I also traded Delmon Young before the deadline for Vernon Wells. I can't stand playing with Young either.

I then went on to lose to the Cards in 5 games in the WS.

Just started my 2nd year.

DallasRocks 03-09-2012 08:51 PM

I traded Bobby Abreu and CJ Cron(B prospect, good power) for Rafael Soriano.
Then signed Roy Oswalt for 2 years.

Looking to move Maicer Izturis but not sure who to trade for considering I'm happy with my current roster.

37 03-09-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToLLey (Post 2043448927)
I am the Tigers in my franchise and i wanted to upgrade my infield and add a good starter in at the start of the season.

I traded Jhonny Peralta and a B prospect for Alexi Rameriz. I did this trade because i can't stand playing JP in the show, he sucks at SS.

I then traded my best prospect Jacob Turner and a A prospect for Chris Carpenter.

I also traded Delmon Young before the deadline for Vernon Wells. I can't stand playing with Young either.

I then went on to lose to the Cards in 5 games in the WS.

Just started my 2nd year.

interesting trades u made....Carp is solid but he's also about to be 37...u never know when he might start breaking down...i understand you're in the *win now* mode, but i think u gave up a bit much with Turner and another A prosepect....At best, Carp will be your #2....Ramirez is a slight upgrade over Peralta...I am curious..Why Vernon Wells?

37 03-09-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasRocks (Post 2043448946)
I traded Bobby Abreu and CJ Cron(B prospect, good power) for Rafael Soriano.
Then signed Roy Oswalt for 2 years.

Looking to move Maicer Izturis but not sure who to trade for considering I'm happy with my current roster.

Looking at it from a realism point of view, idk why the Yanks would do that....Abreu is a regressing guy without a position....nice of u to throw in a B prospect however....Currently, what's Izturis's role on your team?

DallasRocks 03-09-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37 (Post 2043448975)
Looking at it from a realism point of view, idk why the Yanks would do that....Abreu is a regressing guy without a position....nice of u to throw in a B prospect however....Currently, what's Izturis's role on your team?

Yeah it may not be the realist trade but Ibanez got hurt so they were desperate for a RF. Izturis and Callapso both back up the infield positions but I'm better with Callapso so Izturis is expendable. I might look to find a backup catcher, any ideas.

37 03-09-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasRocks (Post 2043449152)
Yeah it may not be the realist trade but Ibanez got hurt so they were desperate for a RF. Izturis and Callapso both back up the infield positions but I'm better with Callapso so Izturis is expendable. I might look to find a backup catcher, any ideas.

Ryan Hanigan from the Reds...guy can really hit

Bard 03-10-2012 01:33 PM

Currently 22-13 in my Royals franchise and i am looking to trade for a good SP, willing to give up everyone but Hosmer and Gordon so what do you guys think would be a realistic deal?