Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB 14 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=719951)

37 04-01-2014 01:28 PM

MLB 14 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

With today being the official release of The Show, it's certainly that time for trade ideas to flood The Show's gamers' minds left and right...With that said, the main objectives of this thread will always remain the same....a) provide CONSTRUCTIVE analysis/criticism of others' trades......b) ask for trade advice pertaining to your situation with important details being included such as what you're looking for in return for your offer,stats, players' individual details, etc. c) this happens every year so if one is looking to acquire a *big-name* player such as Trout, not every response will be kind but I ask that they come off as respectful

For those who enjoyed using the trade value spreadsheet last year, im happy to report this year's version has FINALLY been released...Big thanks to AC and Totte for putting it together!...Link is below:

http://1drv.ms/1kD1Hu5

(You can use CTRL+F to search for players)

Feel free to list any errors you find: age, players' name misspellings, wrong bat/throw hand, wrong/missing primary/secondary positions, etc.

Last but not least, happy trading to all!

smiley3 04-01-2014 01:50 PM

Re: MLB 14 The Show Official Trade Discussion Thread

Is the trade system like nba 2k this year?

37 04-01-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiley3 (Post 2046089007)
Is the trade system like nba 2k this year?

i haven't touched franchise mode yet but im assuming you mean lopsided CPU offers?

andrewochs615 04-01-2014 02:00 PM

Someone in the impressions thread posted that trade logic was still pretty bad. Which is why I want to try online franchise mode when I get home from work.

smiley3 04-01-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 37 (Post 2046089044)
i haven't touched franchise mode yet but im assuming you mean lopsided CPU offers?

I mean like lets say you want to trade a player, you click on him and it searches and gives you results of what teams will give up for him

HuskerPower3 04-01-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiley3 (Post 2046089059)
I mean like lets say you want to trade a player, you click on him and it searches and gives you results of what teams will give up for him

I haven't gotten home yet but I can safely assume that trade finder is not in. It hasn't been in the series and I feel we would have learned this already if it was, like we learned about the player finder being new this year. I do hope it would be but I doubt it.

Sent via Tapatalk

Totte 04-01-2014 02:45 PM

You guys beat me to it with creating this thread :)

Me and AC ran the thread last year with a lot of valuable members sharing their input and I'm glad to see the thread coming back to life.

I've spoken to AC this past week and he's going to be around helping out with some analysis and advice. I'm in the middle of trying to get the spreadsheet up to date with what's hopefully going to be some nice new features that me and AC worked on late last year. Don't have a timetable on the updated sheet as of yet but I say we keep the advice,a analysis and trade talk in here and watch this baby evolve as we move along in April.

Pumped for another year of fair and realistic trades :)

37 04-01-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totte (Post 2046089240)
You guys beat me to it with creating this thread :)

Me and AC ran the thread last year with a lot of valuable members sharing their input and I'm glad to see the thread coming back to life.

I've spoken to AC this past week and he's going to be around helping out with some analysis and advice. I'm in the middle of trying to get the spreadsheet up to date with what's hopefully going to be some nice new features that me and AC worked on late last year. Don't have a timetable on the updated sheet as of yet but I say we keep the advice,a analysis and trade talk in here and watch this baby evolve as we move along in April.

Pumped for another year of fair and realistic trades :)

hey man its great to have you back on board again...if you need any help with your spreadsheet, just PM me