Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   How to prevent being punished for using the post? (/forums/showthread.php?t=925809)

Cowboyfan_19 01-27-2018 10:11 PM

How to prevent being punished for using the post?

I just about lost my mind after this sequence of events. I understand the '08 Nuggets play absolutely beyond their ratings and that Melo, Iverson, & J.R could have 20 bodies flying at them and still make an "and 1", but I still have a chance to win here in OT with Kareem. But then this happens......
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yl3jsIWCijg" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="854" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

What do you guys recommend? I really don't want to switch my play style by playing as a superstar slasher like Kobe or Melo.

Zack317 01-27-2018 10:36 PM

Re: How to prevent being punished for using the post?

That was just horrible post play. You should've been punished. Holding the L2 button would've helped tremendously

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Cowboyfan_19 01-27-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack317 (Post 2049204851)
That was just horrible post play. You should've been punished. Holding the L2 button would've helped tremendously

Didn't know getting the defender to bite & proceeding to shoot was a bad idea. But I'll make sure to play back to the basket and attempt the broken sky hook animation with a 20% success rate. Good thinking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app

Zack317 01-27-2018 11:23 PM

Itd work better than what happened in the video lol

Idk what happened, but I have yet to have that happen to me. Let alone twice in one possession

Just saying, itd help. That's what that button is for

UnbelievablyRAW 01-27-2018 11:29 PM

I made a thread on this a couple weeks ago. Some people like that result apparently. I advocated for biting on fakes to be a foul call a large majority of the time but people disagreed because it could be "abused". So we have to deal with jump spammers being rewarded with fake blocks and steals when they mistime their jumps

Kleinevos 01-28-2018 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19 (Post 2049204833)
I just about lost my mind after this sequence of events. I understand the '08 Nuggets play absolutely beyond their ratings and that Melo, Iverson, & J.R could have 20 bodies flying at them and still make an "and 1", but I still have a chance to win here in OT with Kareem. But then this happens......
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yl3jsIWCijg" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="854" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

What do you guys recommend? I really don't want to switch my play style by playing as a superstar slasher like Kobe or Melo.

Always do the finishing part of your up and under, away from the enemy.

It's not ideal, but it lessens these ridiculous bodyblocks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

olajuwon34 01-29-2018 11:37 PM

theres nothing you can do, the post play is this game doesnt work like it should, and zack, pump faking a defender into the air when your standing right under the rim is horrible post play? yah you dont play real basketball or you just dont play in the post in actual basketball, if anybody, let alone kareem abdul jabbar got his man up in the air with no help around and was standing underneath the basket? it would be some of the easiest points he could get in a game. I think some of the guys on here are more in tune with how these 2k basketball games work , and not real basketball.

sudanmalkovich 01-30-2018 01:36 AM

the game recognized that horrible body blocks as stripping the ball.

the problem is the game doesn't have contextual stripping animation.

there's nothing wrong with his post play. Holding the L2 right under the rim?? what kind of play is that lol