Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Sports Gaming (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Any Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Here? (/forums/showthread.php?t=953899)

Heat_Fan 06-12-2019 07:37 PM

Any Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Here?

Anyone else here in OS fans of general aviation? I started playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 4 and bought every single one in the series since. I was bummed when Microsoft decided to shutdown the series with Flight Simulator X.

But the new Microsoft Flight Simulator which releases next year on the PC and XBOX was shown at this years E3 looks absolutely stunning. I thought it was real flyovers of cities. Come to find out that's actually in game footage. :shocked:

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-wa...t-supports-pc/

Quote: "The result is something that, judging by the trailer, looks impossibly vast and real. Spencer says that 2 petabytes of geographical data is used to seamlessly stitch together Earth. The trailer rushes past cities, swoops down so we can see elephants and giraffes hanging around and then soars the mountains for some truly incredible views.

Spencer warned the team: "You're going to have to put at the bottom that it's in-game, because nobody is going to believe that's in the game."

Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming next year.

Keep an eye out for our full interview with Phil Spencer, coming soon.

WaddupCouzin 06-12-2019 07:56 PM

Re: Any Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Here?

One of the best looking games at E3

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dave360 06-12-2019 08:09 PM

Back in the day I was. I had the yoke and pedals and all that jazz. I'd like to pick some up again but it's so darn expensive now

3304Life 06-12-2019 08:33 PM

I was a FS2004 and FSX casual. Never invested in any of the good stuff because I was in middle school and high school and didn’t have the money so I was a mouse and keyboard guy.

I’m really excited about this. I’m not sure how the controls will translate onto a controller considering the command list for FS games is pretty extensive, but I’m curious. I have Game Pass so I will definitely be checking it out.

Heat_Fan 06-12-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin (Post 2049806728)
One of the best looking games at E3

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Agreed ! :cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave360 (Post 2049806742)
Back in the day I was. I had the yoke and pedals and all that jazz. I'd like to pick some up again but it's so darn expensive now

I here ya and back in the day I had my 1st generation Thrustmaster analog yoke and pedals. But seeing that it's going to be on the Xbox as well, I think using an Xbox controller will work as well. I know i've used it on the Steam Edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator and you could control the plane surprisingly well.

I just hope it's not like Microsoft Flight which was released after Flight Simulator X.

Heat_Fan 06-12-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3304Life (Post 2049806777)
I was a FS2004 and FSX casual. Never invested in any of the good stuff because I was in middle school and high school and didn’t have the money so I was a mouse and keyboard guy.

I’m really excited about this. I’m not sure how the controls will translate onto a controller considering the command list for FS games is pretty extensive, but I’m curious. I have Game Pass so I will definitely be checking it out.

As I mentioned in my previous post the Xbox controller works great so no need to worry. I used both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers for Flight Simulator X Steam Edition and you will enjoy flying the plane and you can even configure the game pad but it's kind of a pain but it's doable.

I have no doubt the Xbox controller will be fully integrated in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 because of the Xbox version.

Herschie 06-14-2019 11:39 AM

I wonder if my USB yoke will work? And I can't believe that I'm actually considering buying Xbox One!

Heat_Fan 06-14-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herschie (Post 2049808852)
I wonder if my USB yoke will work? And I can't believe that I'm actually considering buying Xbox One!

I don't see why not. There are racing games on the Xbox that use USB peripherals such as steering wheels and pedals. MS Flight Simulator on the Xbox One and Xbox Project Scarlet should have all those peripherals ready to go.