Home

I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line

This is a discussion on I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #81
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
About to fire it up now! had to go to 3 different GameStops to find a copy. For some reason they didn't get very many in stock.

If and 360 guys want to try some online my gt is NCoffey
Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about how much luck I'll have finding it at lunch. Leaving in a couple minutes, hope it's there.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #82
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

Hope you can ask questions in this thread...would love some career impressions!

Please, please, I hope the career mode is fun and robust.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #83
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I was getting a little depressed seeing the comments on the NTG forums. Thanks for giving me some insight I know I can trust, Bob.

All I want is a game with the current rule set that doesn't have cars hitting the brakes on the dogleg at Charlotte...or forcing me to avoid cars going 20MPH slower than me at Texas for no apparent reason on the front stretch. Or cars diving into my quarterpanel because I take a more cautious line into a corner and don't drive it in like Kyle Busch every lap.

I can only do so much with NR2003 anymore, even with the Bullring mods and whatnot. I really, really want to like Inside Line. I hope I can have some fun getting my *** kicked on Champion without it feeling cheap and over-aggressive.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #84
All Star

OVR: 19
Ha, just went stupid on what woulda been my first win running a short race at 'Dega. Low on fuel, on the SECOND green/white/checkered I for some reason thought I was on the last lap already and started coasting way too soon with a large lead...then I make it back to the line to see that there is 1 lap left and everyone had caught up to me and was starting to pass. To make matters worse heading onto the back stretch, somehow I wound up in THE BIG ONE, and ran out of gas during the wreck. Finished 38th...damn. Having fun with this though!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #85
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
I was getting a little depressed seeing the comments on the NTG forums. Thanks for giving me some insight I know I can trust, Bob.

All I want is a game with the current rule set that doesn't have cars hitting the brakes on the dogleg at Charlotte...or forcing me to avoid cars going 20MPH slower than me at Texas for no apparent reason on the front stretch. Or cars diving into my quarterpanel because I take a more cautious line into a corner and don't drive it in like Kyle Busch every lap.

I can only do so much with NR2003 anymore, even with the Bullring mods and whatnot. I really, really want to like Inside Line. I hope I can have some fun getting my *** kicked on Champion without it feeling cheap and over-aggressive.
Terry I am sure you remember how highly I thought of the driving model in last years game, well that has only gotten better. The biggest improvements though are the AI and damage model. While not perfect, they don't even compare to last year. I have not dug into season or careen mode yet, but have done a lot of race now races at different lengths.

The biggest thing I can suggest is to know this - a lot of tracks will require you to change the difficulty. On SS you are most likely going to have to race hard or champion difficulty. On 1.5 mile tracks some will be great at hard, and others might require you to drop down to normal just to be competitive. I am only racing with a controller right now, so this might change with a wheel hooked up.

I never qualify right now either, and I have won a couple of races that were longer, have had my *** handed to me at a couple of tracks, and placed in the middle at some others. The longest race I have done is 20% and have yet to lap a single AI car.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 11-06-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #86
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
Ha, just went stupid on what woulda been my first win running a short race at 'Dega. Low on fuel, on the SECOND green/white/checkered I for some reason thought I was on the last lap already and started coasting way too soon with a large lead...then I make it back to the line to see that there is 1 lap left and everyone had caught up to me and was starting to pass. To make matters worse heading onto the back stretch, somehow I wound up in THE BIG ONE, and ran out of gas during the wreck. Finished 38th...damn. Having fun with this though!

LOL - good stuff NC! I feel your pain..............
Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #87
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglund
Hope you can ask questions in this thread...would love some career impressions!

Please, please, I hope the career mode is fun and robust.
Absolutely you can ask questions in this thread(It ain't the Madden forum) I have yet to really dig into the season or career mode yet, so not the best person to answer - maybe someone else can take this one.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #88
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Back from lunch...I have Halo 4 so my son's going to be thrilled. But dad's a sad panda because their system showed a couple but they couldn't find them. They said they should have another copy today and will call me later.

Plenty of PS3 copies but I don't like the PS controller for racing; too twitchy on the sticks and my hands are too big lol.

Ah well.

Went to Target and the old guy there made a great effort to locate it, but I don't believe they got N:IL in at all there.

I think Activision has the presses going full bore for Black Ops II

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »