Home

I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line

This is a discussion on I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I have the NASCAR The Game: Inside the Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
Have you seen any AI wrecks (not caused by the user)? How frequent are cautions happening?
Yes! I've seen quite a few of these but it's not to many where it is a problem. There was a few incidents that happened because I checked up in avoiding an accident. There has been a couple of racing incidents that were either at the front or the back of the pack while I was in the middle of the pack. This happened at California, Phoenix and Kentucky.

I'm enjoying the game. I'm really interested in seeing what this first day patch fixes. I've not ran into the qualifying issue yet. I'm going to race a full race later on tonight and see how that goes. I'm going to save fuel by pushing in the clutch a ton and see how effective that works. I'll give my impressions afterwards.

The one thing that I want to stress is these drivers actually drive like the real drivers. Mark Martin will check up and let you back in line. Kyle and Kurt Busch both drive very aggressively.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

1. Season indepth?

2. Can you do an online season with another friend?
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
1. Season indepth?

2. Can you do an online season with another friend?
The career season or just a regular season with a real driver.

I haven't checked the online features yet. My friend is supposed to get the game tomorrow. I'll look into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #12
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

In your opinion, how does it compare to last year's game?

Do you think its worth the purchase for a casual nascar fan?

Finally, can you start on the grid or is it like last year's game whereby engines are already running.

Last edited by ps3veron; 11-03-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
In your opinion, how does it compare to last year's game?

Do you think its worth the purchase for a casual nascar fan?

Finally, can you start on the grid or is it like last year's game whereby engines are already running.
I'm going to answer the questions in reverse order. Unfortunately, no the cars come off turns 4 under computer control at the start of the race.

I think it's worth the purchase for a casual NASCAR fan. It's a fun game and a realistic game but I would not fit this into a simulation category. I'm curious what is in this day 1 patch. This game isn't horrible out of the box. It could definitely use some tweaks though.

I feel it's better than last year's game. I bought last year's game on day 1. The presentation is much better. The format of the racing season makes this an instant upgrade. You have plenty of practice time to tweak the setup. The A.I. driving is better. Literally these drivers drive like themselves. If you are about to lap a driver like Tony Stewart or Kyle Busch be ready for a fight. Juan Pablo Montoya is unpredictable with his lines. Mark Martin and I can point out small things that are either in the game or missing. Fox Sports is in the game and Darrell Waltrip says that famous tagline before races. There is a career mode which is actually has pretty good depth. Ray Evernham really does a solid job in this game. I haven't started a season with a NASCAR driver yet.

I've been mainly playing with the controller. I haven't gotten to play this game a ton with my G27 wheel. I have a new dog so I gotta rearrange the furniture so my cockpit and his space don't collide. He wrecked me yesterday twice. I hope to run a full race with the wheel last night but as soon as he heard the wheel the beast was awaken. I believe the wheel owners will have an advantage unlike last year it was catered for the controller imo.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
Rookie

Ok I just ran into a bug. A friend of mine was playing the game and using the automatic transmission. He pitted and now his transmission is manual. It doesn't effect me because I use manual but it definitely needs to be fixed.

The good news is that the time behind the leader was right. It wasn't like last year with the pit stop timing.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #15
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Awesome! Thanks for your time dmoney.

Last question: hows the damage? I remember last year's game you would slam into a wall at 150 and
walk away with a little dent! Has this been fixed?

Keep them impressions coming!

Last edited by ps3veron; 11-03-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Awesome! Thanks for your time dmoney.

Last question: hows the damage? I remember last year's game you would slam into a wall at 150 and
walk away with a little dent! Has this been fixed?

Keep them impressions coming!
The damage model is really good. The cars sheet metal bends rather than tear like last year. You will still some tears of the sheet metal. If you hit the wall head on at 150 the car will probably DNF.

I'm going to try and get some videos up for you all by the end of the night. I hope my insight is helpful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »