View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #19
grunt
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Ok time to break ya heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
Oh well. My guess is that Take 2 & VC will abandon football...period. They seem to want to put all their eggs in Basketball, Baseball & Hockey. The absence of the NFL license is a killer and I suspect it will be even harder to enter the marketonce Madden really gets a foothold. EA, ESPN & the NFL have sewn it up regarding football. And EA even has the NCAA & Arena too. Guess VC & Take Two considered it too risky and folded their tent.

Personally, baseball, basketball & hockey games are nothing I will spend a great deal of time with despite the graphics. I just don't like playing any sports game other than football. I own ESPN basketball and played ooccasionally versus the A.I., but that's about it. Except for the die-hards, these games are popular for about a month and then drop off fast. I have yet to even play in a ESPN Basketball league that lasted more than a few weeks

So, come August, ESPN 2K5 football joins Tecmo Bowl, Joe Montana, Gameday & NFL Fever as a LEGEND and will forever haunt Madden due to "what could have been had there not been an exclusive license." Yeah, I might play the game with close friends on occasion...but I sadly accept that it is over. Long Live Madden!!!!
Oh well, I guess I have to accept it also. Premium pass here I come.