Old 07-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #670
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Official New York Yankees Bleacher Creatures Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
The kid did ok tonight. He looked a bit overmatched in AB one, but was generally solid. He could be good, or do you think they are showcasing him? I am not sure.
I think it's difficult to tell right now. With the old Yankee front office way of the thinking, then he'd definately be up just for a showcase. But since we haven't dealt Cano or Wang yet, we may actually be trying to hang on to our prospects for the first time in a decade.

I think he'll have the least success outta the three rookies (there is NO WAY we call up three rookies who all have solid seasons in a 3 month span) but right now we just need defense in centerfield. And at least giving Melky a shot at the plate is better than just sticking Tony "I'm an automatic out" Womack in the lineup.

And since we are probably going to go after Andruw Jones or Vernon Wells or whoever this winter(I don't remember if those two are even FA's, just throwing names out there), I wouldn't be suprise if we shipped him cause I highly doubt he's gonna be an everyday starter-caliber ball player for a dozen years.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet