View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Customer service/retail workers: Post your favorite angry customer stories!

People are amazing. Atlanta a third world country.

Another one from ERAC fame. This happened to my coworker but I was standing to the side just listening.

A little background. At ERAC, you need a college degree to get a job. A lot of people don't know this because you don't at Budget or Hertz (actually, I think Hertz might now have changed this). So we always had customers that treated us like crap expecting we were uneducated losers (no disrespect to those without college degrees. This is from the customer's point of view).

Renter: "Why is the car taking so long?"
Employee: "We are washing it right now. It'll be right out."
R: "I've been waiting here for thirty minutes."
E: "It hasn't been thirty minutes. I just started taking care of you."
R: "I was in here for thirty minutes waiting for my turn."
E: "I try to give every customer their own time. Would you like it if I started to ignore you to help someone else?"
R: "I should have known better. What else could I expect from a place like this. This isn't a way to treat an educated person."
E: "I'm educated too."
R: "Yeah? I have a college degree. I have a good job."
E: "I have a college degree too. We all do."
R: "I make over 30,000 a year."
E: "Hmm. I make more than that."
R: "...Where's my car?"

I love people.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer