Old 11-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
ManiacMatt1782
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Like you guys I found the video unimpressive. But I will go on to say I think they just did a poor job of showing the game.

I think UFC 3 will be back in the "fun" column that UFC 2009 was in. Couple reasons why I think so.
  • The 3 transition = pass has been removed. Now it is just like UFC 2009 where you the user must transition block to prevent pass. This will bring back the skill online in the ground game. Plus make ground fighters more dangerous without fear of transition spammers kicking you off.
  • Transition and reversal spam is being countered with hits to stamina on every attempt of either. Thus making ground game more strategy filled.
  • Light punches that interupt heavy strikes is a blessing! Now having to face guys online that only hold LB and therow power shots you can counter and setup combos.
  • Simulation mode will be perfect for guys like myself who like to run leagues.
  • The strategy that was involved in 2009 is coming back in UFC3 which I think will make a huge difference in the replay value.

All in all we can all agree they did not fix any of the rough animations and how much of the game lacks fluidity. But I am glad to see them focus that extra year to balance and strategy match ups. That is part of what made 2009 so fun to play online.

2010 ruined it by dumbing it down into a slug fest with lack of ground game.

Throw in Pride mode and what looks to be a even bigger improvement on the already stellar commentary and presentation. I think UFC 3 will bring back what I loved about UFC 2009 plus other good enhancements. (ground sways, simulation mode, cage more of a factor, etc)
I agree with much of what you said. But 1 thing confirmed to not be in, that needs to be, is a health regeneration. EA's MMA had the right idea, it was a multitude of shots that ended the fight on the ground. Right now I think it will still be too easy to get a takedown and pot shot little baby punches that cumulate damage while keeping him down. Then after enough baby punches take damage, they land that weak stepping punch that gets classified as a strong strike for a KO. I hope for the next itteration of the game includes a true health regen system. If you get rocked, it regenerated much slower, until you can get to a safe platoon, breathe for a few seconds and recover. EA layed the ground work THQ, now take the ball and run with it, and build upon and improve that system.