Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #140
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj68
well i dont use the stick to shoot, its not fluid and its lame imo, so you are saying with shot stick timing on ( i use the square button to shoot) it does account for percentages also for each other player? i dont think it does that, i think it only goes by timing that is why i hate using it, you could be shooting with larry bird on timing and have a 25% field goal shooting night simply based on timing which is lame, now if you are saying it includes percentages as well i may change that, as far as fast breaks i dont agree i have watched over 12 games com vs com, with teams that have a fast break slider on coach profiles under 40 they hardly ever fast break, but keep in mine i always play on pro level because that to me is the best way and most accurate game play i have found so far, hof and superstar are awful
I have no idea about how the game plays on Pro, but on All-Star I can tell you that the fastbreak is definitely an issue.

And no, User Timing is not solely reliant on how well you time the shot. If you shoot a 3 with Dwight Howard for example, and you time it perfectly, you will still miss it every single time. If you shoot a 3 with Larry Bird and you don't time it perfectly, chances are it will still go in if you're open. Ratings and timing are both taken into account with User Timing, while only rating is taken into account with Real %.

Also, sometimes shooters have off nights. So the fact that the User can be responsible for an off-game is fitting and realistic, IMO.