View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #724
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I haven't played this game in a few months, but I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel307
Eccentric ,

I've playing this with my brother with your sliders ( PC Version) . It seems fine but i think that teams like Lakers and Spurs have too many points in the paint (+60 per game). Any advices to this?

And btw , any advices changes for hum vs hum ?
It depends on how they're scoring in the paint. Is it from the post-players shooting it too often in the post? Or is it from the AI driving to the basket too often? If it's the post players getting too many shots, just lower the post shots tendency by a few clicks (try decreasing by 2, play a game or two, and adjust from there). If it's from the AI driving too often, do the same thing as above except to the "Attack the Basket" tendency.

I have absolutely no idea what to do for HUM vs. HUM sliders, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingyouguy
Been playing a few associations (as the Bulls) with these sliders and Rondo's rosters. Pretty much every game I win by double-digits (often 20/30+). In my current association I'm 43-2 and the 2 I lost were simmed.

Almost every uncontested shot goes in (no matter who's shooting) and most contested shots miss (no matter who's shooting). The AI often just steps back, repeatedly, to the 3-point line and then pops the shot (because the defending AI can't deal with the step-back). If you're playing a team with a lot of 3-point shooters (like NY) it becomes a joke. They'll shoot like 60% 3P%. No matter what defensive setting you have the AI leaves shooters open. These are the only games that are close.

There are also a LOT of unforced errors. Players throwing the ball 2ft above the head of another player who is 2 metres away, undefended, awaiting (maybe even asking for) the ball.

They're fun sliders. Much more fun than the default but not particularly competitive.
If too many open shots are going in, decrease the shooting sliders for whatever ranges need adjusting. Start off by decreasing the necessary sliders by 2, test a game or two, and go from there. For contested shots not going in, decrease the Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) by 10 (to account for the decreased shooting sliders), and adjust from there as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I like the way these look but I haven't played with them yet... I'm nervous about putting dropping player quickness down to 37/31... I'm feel like that will make my players feel sluggish, because, even at the default levals I play at now, there are many times where my guys feel sluggish...
Whoa, in my opinion the default speed/quickness of the game makes players move FAR too quickly, so if the default is sluggish to you, you will definitely not want to decrease the speed/quickness sliders.