Old 05-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #808
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Anyway really good sliders, but is there any way to get the CPU to go into the post more? I already have look for post players at 100.

Also have you tried run plays between 1-60 for each team? This is what BigTreydawg said in the Run plays thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55

Run Plays slider scale, how fast you want the CPU to call plays after rebound. Rough timing done, but this is basically what happens.

Seconds
Slider
3 0
3.5 10
4 20
4.5 30
5 40
5.5 50
6 60
6.5 70
7 80
7.5 90
8 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melbournelad

Do you all still believe that run plays is best left at 0? Or maybe somewhere in the 20-30's?

"From this you can conclude that slower paced teams (teams with low FGA per game) have to have a low run plays settings 1-20

The opposite applies to Denver, Milwaukee, and Houston but I don't put run plays at 100.

The reason Run plays at 100 is problematic is because at higher settings the CPU will call a play a soon as the previous one breaks down. This would be fine but often times ISO plays are over as soon as they start. So the second the ISO guy gets the ball if he doesn't immediately shoot then another play will be called.

It looks silly.

I cap my run plays at 60, that's usually all the wiggle room needed to run a 7 second offense."
Wow, that's some really good information! The OS SiM Collab roster has Run Plays at 0 for every team, but I suppose if you wanted to differentiate the higher-paced teams you could try increasing their Run Plays slider to 50 or 60 and see how you like it!

As for increasing the amount the CPU goes to the post, yes I'm working on that. It has to do with the "Take Post Shots" tendency and its relation with all of the other main offensive tendency sliders. I'm trying to find the perfect number right now, because if I put it too high the CPU will go to the post but NOT pass out of it, and if I go to low they simply won't go to the post very often and even when they do, they ALWAYS pass out of it.

Basically, once I find the perfect balance with the Inside/Close/Mid-Range/3PT/Attack the Basket tendencies, THEN I can find the right value for Take Post Shots. But I'm getting very close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Oh yeah and the PG always picks my pocket as I'm waiting for the play to set up lol and they dont take enough threes!!! Specially the Spurs. Tony Parker is in here goin crazy though lol and bron and wade shoot a lot ! And as for vannwolf's edits to play types, should they be exactly as he has them with each player or do you think some has changed ?
Yea, my 3PT tendency is outdated here. I'm going to update the OP in a minute with my current tendencies which should fix the problem.

With the CPU getting too many steals, are they simply going for steals too often, or are they just getting too high of a success rate? If they're stealing too often, knock down the "Go for On Ball Steals" tendency to 95. If they're being too successful, decrease the CPU's "Steal Success" to 48.

If you'll notice, both of these problems were "foreseen" in the OP, as I provided easier values for both the Steals tendency and for Steal Success. Don't be afraid to use the easier values provided if you're having a problem! I appreciate the feedback though.

I have NO experience with editing playbooks, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. With the wealth of knowledge vannwolfhawk has applied to these playbooks, though, I would suggest you just trust him. Obviously you can make any tweaks you want and see how they work, though!

EDIT: I have provided a few optional updates to the Mid-Range, 3PT, and Post Shots tendencies. The updated values will improve the CPU's offensive tactics and balance.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 05-27-2013 at 06:31 PM.