Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #801
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Only thing driving me crazy is bosh is winning the tip off and the heat are out offensive rebounding the pacers!
Bosh winning the tip-off just means that your timing is a little off. As for being out-rebounded, no worries. I have been tweaking the rebound sliders for the past few days. The rebound values in the OP are the originals from the roster's main page.
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #802
MVP
 
G0DZGiFT's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Bosh winning the tip-off just means that your timing is a little off. As for being out-rebounded, no worries. I have been tweaking the rebound sliders for the past few days. The rebound values in the OP are the originals from the roster's main page.
Ok good, that's a huge relief lol. Lookin forward to the release
G0DZGiFT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #803
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Ok good, that's a huge relief lol. Lookin forward to the release
I think what I'm working with for rebounds right now is:

Offensive Rebounding - 62/48
Defensive Rebounding - 58/52

Give those settings a try.
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #804
MVP
 
G0DZGiFT's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I think what I'm working with for rebounds right now is:

Offensive Rebounding - 62/48
Defensive Rebounding - 58/52

Give those settings a try.
Thank you, I definitely will
G0DZGiFT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:22 AM   #805
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Thank you, I definitely will
No problem.

Don't be afraid to post feedback everybody! I need to know what other people are experiencing so that I have a clearer idea of what I need to work on.
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2013, 01:46 AM   #806
MVP
 
Melbournelad's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,595
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Wow. Second match with the hard sliders, relatively low scoring game, down by 2 with about 10 seconds left. Had to foul them, they luckily miss 1 of the free throws. After an atrocious game by Kobe, he then hits a stepback 3 to tie the game with 4 seconds left. I thought it was going to OT for sure, but then i have a defensive lapse and Lilliard hits a layup with 1.6 seconds left. I have to call a timeout, nearly get called for a 5 second violation, but i just get it in to Kobe. He then hits a contested 3 to win the game by one for me lol.

Anyway really good sliders, but is there any way to get the CPU to go into the post more? I already have look for post players at 100.

Also have you tried run plays between 1-60 for each team? This is what BigTreydawg said in the Run plays thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55





Run Plays slider scale, how fast you want the CPU to call plays after rebound. Rough timing done, but this is basically what happens.

Seconds
Slider
3 0
3.5 10
4 20
4.5 30
5 40
5.5 50
6 60
6.5 70
7 80
7.5 90
8 100



Quote:

Originally Posted by Melbournelad





Do you all still believe that run plays is best left at 0? Or maybe somewhere in the 20-30's?



"From this you can conclude that slower paced teams (teams with low FGA per game) have to have a low run plays settings 1-20

The opposite applies to Denver, Milwaukee, and Houston but I don't put run plays at 100.

The reason Run plays at 100 is problematic is because at higher settings the CPU will call a play a soon as the previous one breaks down. This would be fine but often times ISO plays are over as soon as they start. So the second the ISO guy gets the ball if he doesn't immediately shoot then another play will be called.

It looks silly.

I cap my run plays at 60, that's usually all the wiggle room needed to run a 7 second offense."
Melbournelad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #807
MVP
 
G0DZGiFT's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Oh yeah and the PG always picks my pocket as I'm waiting for the play to set up lol and they dont take enough threes!!! Specially the Spurs. Tony Parker is in here goin crazy though lol and bron and wade shoot a lot ! And as for vannwolf's edits to play types, should they be exactly as he has them with each player or do you think some has changed ?

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 05-27-2013 at 03:12 PM.
G0DZGiFT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #808
MVP
 
EccentricMeat's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Anyway really good sliders, but is there any way to get the CPU to go into the post more? I already have look for post players at 100.

Also have you tried run plays between 1-60 for each team? This is what BigTreydawg said in the Run plays thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55





Run Plays slider scale, how fast you want the CPU to call plays after rebound. Rough timing done, but this is basically what happens.

Seconds
Slider
3 0
3.5 10
4 20
4.5 30
5 40
5.5 50
6 60
6.5 70
7 80
7.5 90
8 100



Quote:

Originally Posted by Melbournelad





Do you all still believe that run plays is best left at 0? Or maybe somewhere in the 20-30's?



"From this you can conclude that slower paced teams (teams with low FGA per game) have to have a low run plays settings 1-20

The opposite applies to Denver, Milwaukee, and Houston but I don't put run plays at 100.

The reason Run plays at 100 is problematic is because at higher settings the CPU will call a play a soon as the previous one breaks down. This would be fine but often times ISO plays are over as soon as they start. So the second the ISO guy gets the ball if he doesn't immediately shoot then another play will be called.

It looks silly.

I cap my run plays at 60, that's usually all the wiggle room needed to run a 7 second offense."
Wow, that's some really good information! The OS SiM Collab roster has Run Plays at 0 for every team, but I suppose if you wanted to differentiate the higher-paced teams you could try increasing their Run Plays slider to 50 or 60 and see how you like it!

As for increasing the amount the CPU goes to the post, yes I'm working on that. It has to do with the "Take Post Shots" tendency and its relation with all of the other main offensive tendency sliders. I'm trying to find the perfect number right now, because if I put it too high the CPU will go to the post but NOT pass out of it, and if I go to low they simply won't go to the post very often and even when they do, they ALWAYS pass out of it.

Basically, once I find the perfect balance with the Inside/Close/Mid-Range/3PT/Attack the Basket tendencies, THEN I can find the right value for Take Post Shots. But I'm getting very close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Oh yeah and the PG always picks my pocket as I'm waiting for the play to set up lol and they dont take enough threes!!! Specially the Spurs. Tony Parker is in here goin crazy though lol and bron and wade shoot a lot ! And as for vannwolf's edits to play types, should they be exactly as he has them with each player or do you think some has changed ?
Yea, my 3PT tendency is outdated here. I'm going to update the OP in a minute with my current tendencies which should fix the problem.

With the CPU getting too many steals, are they simply going for steals too often, or are they just getting too high of a success rate? If they're stealing too often, knock down the "Go for On Ball Steals" tendency to 95. If they're being too successful, decrease the CPU's "Steal Success" to 48.

If you'll notice, both of these problems were "foreseen" in the OP, as I provided easier values for both the Steals tendency and for Steal Success. Don't be afraid to use the easier values provided if you're having a problem! I appreciate the feedback though.

I have NO experience with editing playbooks, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. With the wealth of knowledge vannwolfhawk has applied to these playbooks, though, I would suggest you just trust him. Obviously you can make any tweaks you want and see how they work, though!

EDIT: I have provided a few optional updates to the Mid-Range, 3PT, and Post Shots tendencies. The updated values will improve the CPU's offensive tactics and balance.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 05-27-2013 at 07:31 PM.
EccentricMeat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 PM.

Top -