Old 06-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #14
strawberryshortcake
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Presentation Interview with Brian Murray -- Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I'm honestly not sure what you mean by what's in bold man. But I'll say this: they can blend it, mash it, twist it, turn it. If the angles aren't right to broadcast, and they're not right in 15, then it's not sim and it's not immersive to anyone who knows what the angles are supposed to look like to meet the sim standard, and we all know what they're supposed to look like. And since the game is supposed to be sim (their words) then there is no excuse for the angles not to be right to broadcast. I mean, the dude is telling us in the article and in the NFL.com video about what the cameras do, then we see the footage and they don't do that. That's a fumble, player.

As far as I'm concerned, especially when they bring in experts, this is just another hype of a feature by this dev team followed by the routine failure of that feature by this dev team. Not a major one, won't kill the game, but they're the ones telling us all of this sim standard stuff yo, so if they're going to talk the talk then they gotta walk the walk. You know what I'm sayin? It's been a decade, the tech is there. It's 100 or nothing now. No more passes on anything. They ran through all their passes last generation. They can do better. Or, maybe they just can't. Maybe that's the problem right there. Prolly.
EDIT: Yes, I know that Fox and CBS broadcast do have up close zoomed shots of simply the head, shoulder, neck area, but prior to these zoomed shots, they usually have the previous camera angles that captures the entire body of the players. Madden 12 jumps from sky view/ant sized to ultra zoomed size, without much transitional player full length body shots. That's what I mean by "blend"

I specifically stated that I watch Sunday Football both Fox and CBS broadcast presentations always during the season.

Can you dig up any youtube video footage of real live NFL footages so we have something to compare?

What I mean by the bold in my previous post is the following.

Madden 12: Camera starts out as zoomed out ant sized, followed by jumping to an ultra zoomed picture. Madden12's zoomed camera captures essentially only the upper body, head, neck area. There is no transitional player screen size--this is what I'm referring to when I say it doesn't "blend" well. It's either extremely small or extremely large. There's no in between.

Madden 15: player's dimension on screen more closely resembles one another between real gameplay sequences and post play sequences. Look at the following captured screen shots. The player's entire body is seen post play in Madden 15, and the player's entire body is seen during real gameplay sequences.

(A) Ant sized Zoomed Out Camera/Sky Cam

(B) Zoomed in Camera

(C) Zoomed Out

(D) Zoomed In Camera

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-17-2014 at 02:27 AM.