View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #73
strawberryshortcake
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Good thread. Here are mine:

...snippet

6) Please do something with the playcall screen. I am a single player guy, but I feel sorry for anyone who loves presentation but also loves playing mutliplayer. Because you're not going to see ANYTHING this year.

Find a way--and it's not hard because it's been done before--to not have the playcall screens block the presentation.

.... snippet

Definitely agree. Team EA Madden needs to keep the game screen visible at all times.

During play selection, simply shrink the game screen down (sort of like a picture in picture effect) with Play Calls, Score Board, Timeouts, along with a description of what happened during the previous play (45 yard TD pass to Boldin #81 (1) from Kapernick #7 (2). etc. etc.) surrounding it. Once the play has been selected, the in-game action should zoom back to full screen mode. This way, the gamer can see everything that happens on the field. Replay mode should also use this effect so the gamer can see the replay play out.

I quickly drafted up something that should work to keep the gamer immersed. The "other" game had something that continually kept the gamer immersed during the gameplay selection screen.

TEMPLATE 1: Play call selection on LEFT and RIGHT side of screen with game play screen shrunk down in the middle.

==============================================
TEMPLATE 2
Play call selection on TOP and BOTTOM side of screen with game play screen shrunk down in the middle.

Side Note: Was watching some highlights on MLB.com, and I've screen captured one image that team Madden can use as a template of sort to keep the in game action continuously visible to the gamer. During the play selection screen, Madden can show real game time action for both the defensive and offensive team. This is another idea to the above that team EA Madden can use to keep the gamer continually immersed.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...b_1&mode=video

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-08-2014 at 03:35 AM.