Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #73
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Good thread. Here are mine:

...snippet

6) Please do something with the playcall screen. I am a single player guy, but I feel sorry for anyone who loves presentation but also loves playing mutliplayer. Because you're not going to see ANYTHING this year.

Find a way--and it's not hard because it's been done before--to not have the playcall screens block the presentation.

.... snippet

Definitely agree. Team EA Madden needs to keep the game screen visible at all times.

During play selection, simply shrink the game screen down (sort of like a picture in picture effect) with Play Calls, Score Board, Timeouts, along with a description of what happened during the previous play (45 yard TD pass to Boldin #81 (1) from Kapernick #7 (2). etc. etc.) surrounding it. Once the play has been selected, the in-game action should zoom back to full screen mode. This way, the gamer can see everything that happens on the field. Replay mode should also use this effect so the gamer can see the replay play out.

I quickly drafted up something that should work to keep the gamer immersed. The "other" game had something that continually kept the gamer immersed during the gameplay selection screen.

TEMPLATE 1: Play call selection on LEFT and RIGHT side of screen with game play screen shrunk down in the middle.

==============================================
TEMPLATE 2
Play call selection on TOP and BOTTOM side of screen with game play screen shrunk down in the middle.

Side Note: Was watching some highlights on MLB.com, and I've screen captured one image that team Madden can use as a template of sort to keep the in game action continuously visible to the gamer. During the play selection screen, Madden can show real game time action for both the defensive and offensive team. This is another idea to the above that team EA Madden can use to keep the gamer continually immersed.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...b_1&mode=video

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-08-2014 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:48 AM   #74
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

I was listening to the FranchisePlay interview with Rex and he said they did a lot with snow games this year, there's field and uniform degradation but also in rainy games, players will slip and fall on their cuts sometimes. He said weather wasn't a huge focus this year, but they did touch up these things. I know wind affects fgs and punts, and I believe even the passing game this year.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:21 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Definitely agree. Team EA Madden needs to keep the game screen visible at all times.
That was a great post. You have to ask yourself why they don't think of things like this? I don't understand how the best idea they could come up with is to just clutter the screen and cover things up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #76
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

During play selection, simply shrink the game screen down (sort of like a picture in picture effect) with Play Calls, Score Board, Timeouts, along with a description of what happened during the previous play (45 yard TD pass to Boldin #81 (1) from Kapernick #7 (2). etc. etc.) surrounding it. Once the play has been selected, the in-game action should zoom back to full screen mode. This way, the gamer can see everything that happens on the field. Replay mode should also use this effect so the gamer can see the replay play out.

I quickly drafted up something that should work to keep the gamer immersed. The "other" game had something that continually kept the gamer immersed during the gameplay selection screen.

TEMPLATE 1: Play call selection on LEFT and RIGHT side of screen with game play screen shrunk down in the middle.

TEMPLATE 2
Play call selection on TOP and BOTTOM side of screen with game play screen shrunk down in the middle.

Side Note: Was watching some highlights on MLB.com, and I've screen captured one image that team Madden can use as a template of sort to keep the in game action continuously visible to the gamer. During the play selection screen, Madden can show real game time action for both the defensive and offensive team. This is another idea to the above that team EA Madden can use to keep the gamer continually immersed.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...b_1&mode=video

I passed the first pic to Clint for him to give to Brian, I think the replays are actually kinda similar to the idea you posted. I'll try to get a pic for you.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #77
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I passed the first pic to Clint for him to give to Brian, I think the replays are actually kinda similar to the idea you posted. I'll try to get a pic for you.

JP from what I have seen in all videos is the same as last year....

Replay begins and then the playcall screen overlaps it and you miss most of the replay.

Would love to see something with playcall screen to the side and a constant screen for replays, substitution changes, crowd shots in the middle.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I was listening to the FranchisePlay interview with Rex and he said they did a lot with snow games this year, there's field and uniform degradation but also in rainy games, players will slip and fall on their cuts sometimes. He said weather wasn't a huge focus this year, but they did touch up these things. I know wind affects fgs and punts, and I believe even the passing game this year.
"players will slip and fall on their cuts sometimes."

This has ALREADY been in the game. just another example of them removing something then adding it back as a new feature.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #79
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
"players will slip and fall on their cuts sometimes."

This has ALREADY been in the game. just another example of them removing something then adding it back as a new feature.
How are they adding it back as a new feature? I had to dig deep to even know anything about it. If they add back all of the things we used to have and it isn't marketed, that's a GOOD thing.

Remember nothing has been added then removed under Cam. That's the old way of doing things. This team will probably bring back a lot more of the old things that should never have been removed, but they'll fix them too. IE wind direction

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-08-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
How are they adding it back as a new feature? I had to dig deep to even know anything about it. If they add back all of the things we used to have and it isn't marketed, that's a GOOD thing.
Because it was in the game, and then it was not, and now it is again. Just like 25 other things throughout the years. imagine if the game built upon itself year after year. What a concept.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »