View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #22
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Timing Hitting Power Swing : are you guys seeing solid exta base hits ??

I only use the Power Swing when I have a powerful hitter up(Gattis, Freeman, Heyward, J Upton, and very rarely Chris Johnson). I only use it if I know a fastball is coming because that is what the swing is meant for and am generally up in the count. There are some occasions where Freeman is up, no one on and I just power swing the whole at bat. Other times in the same situation I will X swing every time.

It is more of a feeling and something you just learn how you're best with. I'd say for the most part it does exactly what I want with it and I will continue to use it, but it's not like I get an XBH every single time. This is baseball and my Power Swings are outs more often than not, but that's hitting in general.

Also, if you have a guy on first and are thinking I want to hit it hard and score him or avoid the double play, I would advise against the Power Swing. You're either hitting that ball hard in the outfield or hitting an easy double play ball. The game even says so in the in game manual/guide. If a guy has been throwing low all game/ at bat, don't Power Swing. That's hard ground ball city.

Learn the pitcher and his tendencies. Some gays I never Power Swing, others I use it every inning multiple times because it's fastball heaven or a high ball pitcher.

― Plato