Old 08-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #514
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
See, I'm not sure I really buy this. He might struggle at first with adapting to a different scheme, but I don't buy that he'd be terrible. On top of that, a ton of teams basically run hybrid defenses anyway where they sub personnel so much to fit what they want to do in a certain situation.

I'm fine if you want to ding guys a bit for playing out of scheme, especially some of those borderline starters who are 70 overall and might be good in one scheme and bad in another. I just don't see why JJ Watt should drop 25 overall based on scheme, the guy is good enough he would adapt. And I don't want to see **** guys like Devin Hester jumping 20 overall because of a scheme and leading the NFL in receiving during simulation.
Addressing Suggs, I've watched the all-22 footage of him in coverage and trust me if anyone were to try to convert him to a Tampa 2 linebacker it would end horribly. A different skillset is required.

To the issue of JJ, my guess is that if you set your player type to speed rusher his overall would take a healthy dip. I understand that because he is not a speed rusher. But I also know that no GM would pass on Watt because they have to have a pure speed rusher.

You are right about Hester. If scheme overall does affect the simulation engine EA needs to make it so that it does not. That is my only gripe.

But once again they should not drop guys for playing out of scheme. That is ridiculous. Lets say I have my scheme set to West Coast offense. Lets also assume I struggle in the red zone so I go out and find me a decent Red Zone Threat WR who has their scheme set to Power Run. I think Anquan Boldin fits those parameters. Well if I sign Q he would be playing out of scheme. You think he should suffer a ratings hit?

Actually I would go the other way and say remove the scheme from player and just go with player type.