View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #22
AdamJones113
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Gamechanger event #1 (very early impressions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Wether or not someone thinks this game is great or terrible is their personal opinion and that's all we can really do. Not sure why some people feel that their opinion is the only one that counts and if you don't agree you have "no credibility". Adams packet is a constructive breakdown of the game and points out positive and negative aspects of the game. Yes they are his opinion but an opinion shared by many of us. Your entitled to yours as well but not sure what any of that had to do with the Gamechangers event.

On another note, thanks DJ Neo for keeping us in the loop. It does give comfort having someone there that is a true sim guy like us. Wether or not they take your advice or deliver on what they tell you is out if your control but we can only hope. While not perfect by any stretch I'm enjoying NHL16 now and do feel that EA made a better effort to listen to the masses. As far as people saying they heard all this last year too, remember the Gamechangers event last year focused almost only on EASHL. This year they have promised to look at the other areas of the game. Look forward to hearing more.
Indeed, thanks DJ. Didn't even know they'd invited you originally, so I'm glad you came on with some early impressions, and I'm looking forward to more.
I completely agree with the bolded part. The team realized that (it was pretty clear to begin with), so kudos to them for making the necessary change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyflex
Well I admire your time and effort putting this together. Unfortunately the game and the developers have been taking a great deal of heat over the flawed broken game. You can certainly ignore my critique, having said that when I lay out 60 bucks for a broken game and add to the fact the customer service is garbage, I'm certainly within my right to state my opinion as a paying customer.

Obviously, as I've stated, I stopped reading this after the comment I stated above simply because I can't take anyone serious who pays this poor excuse of hockey game a complement.

Of course you can simply ignore my comments. But remember this next time EA pumps their chest on social media and look at all the feedback/comments from their customers, its overwhelmingly negative. The sentiments are clear, this game sucks, the customer service sucks, the developers suck and anyone who has anything to do with this game should be embarrassed.

So I ask again with all due respect and not to take a "dig" at you but to hopefully get some constructive feedback, what evidence leads you to believe that NHL 17 will be better (paraphrasing)?
In order of your paragraphs (sorry DJ, just this last response then I'll bring the thread back on track):

1. Thank you. I do not ignore your critique at all, I completely respect it (and indeed I was of the same opinion for a long time). At the same time it's certainly right for me, having paid $90 for the game [****** Canadian economy lol], to state mine as well without losing all credibility.

2. I really think you should keep reading. It's not all roses, as you seem to think; I think there are some very valid points in there that agree with your point of view.

3. No, it's comments like that that EA ignores. Claiming that the game is overwhelmingly horrible will not get you anywhere. The GCs were chosen because they have good feedback to give and can represent a very diverse community, and that's what EA is looking at.

4. I have connections with several GameChangers, both from this year and last year. What they've told me in advance of telling the masses has been positive—not something ludicrous like "this will be the best game ever," but more concrete and encouraging notes. That's why I'm excited to hear more about NHL 17.