Old 08-28-2016, 01:58 PM   #100
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightRAMcometh
Been trying out this XP set on default All Pro with 10 minute quarters with 20 second run off.

I feel as these may be a little too generous. I'm currently 2-0 with the Rams and I am stockpiling points like crazy. Todd Gurley has 8,500 points going into week three, and that's after spending all my preseason points before hitting the regular season. At this rate I could potentially hit 99 speed after one season. All my o linemen are anywhere between 1,300 to 2,100 points. My receivers are all at 1,000. The only position that is suffering is QB and that's because I've played quite poorly passing. Keenum currently sits at a measly 700 points.

My defense is in the same ball park, everyone is sitting in the 1,000 to 2,000 point range.

These sliders may work great for the CPU's devolpement during long term simulations but I feel like I can easily break this game in one season at these XP rates.

EDIT: After looking at how expensive some of the traits and skill points are I think I might stay at this level. I've reviewed all my players and it looks pretty balanced. The only player I can see being over powered at this point is Gurley, which is partially my fault because he accounts for all five of my TDs through week two.
Few thoughts I had based off this post:

1. I don't really know how the cpu implements gameplanning or if it's even used. I would hope it is otherwise that is a huge advantage for the human player.

2. All my sims were based on the sim engine stats. So if you put up ungodly stats that will obviously skew the results in the humans favor.

3. Improving weekly or every few weeks as the human player will most likely give you an advantage to gain more XP then the cpu has. This is because you are improving your player quicker which would allow you to get better stats in game and gain even more XP and this could go on exponentially. A simple solution would be to limit yourself to end of season progression or at least half season.

4. Attributes are quite expensive this year. This is a good thread about how each year after age 26 things go up by a lot: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...works-m17.html So long term even though it seems like you are getting way to much XP it will balance out.

5. After all these sims I've done I have noticed a trend. Quite a few of the players that end up 99 ovr are between 3-6 year pros. So this goes along with the 26 year old thing and if a player is good he can get really good really fast. Also the fact that around 27-28 is when regression starts to happen.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 08-28-2016 at 02:02 PM.