View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
Iron Dragon
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Rise

Progression Rules
*Tweaked mainly from Hellisan's custom rules (which is an awesome idea), with my own edits.

Every player on what team I coach on will receive a "Work Ethic" rating - from 40 to 99. For example, the 200th rated WR in the country could come to my program as a 57 OVR, but gets graced with a 95 WE rating and in the first offseason, he could bloom up an entire 11 OVR points. Meanwhile, a four-star recruit that other schools have avoided may come to us as a 77 OVR but if he's tabbed with a 40 WE rating - he could leave the program as someone who rode the bench to a 65 OVR senior. This makes progression and regression so more in-depth than players just increasing 3-6 points every year.

Each player also gets assigned a trait grade - 1 to 4 - these will decide how they progress/regress. 1 - physical attributes (strength/agility etc.), 2 - awareness (prc/release/route running etc.) 3 - position skills based (catching, cit for WRs for example) 4 - all-around (the player trains everything)

Offseason Progression based on Work Ethic Rating
(WORK ETHIC RANGE)- IMPROVEMENT RANGE

(40-45) -5 to 4
(46-50) -4 to 4
(51-55) -4 to 5
(56-60) -3 to 5
(61-65) -3 to 6
(66-70) -3 to 7
(71-75) -2 to 7
(76-80) -2 to 8
(81-85) -1 to 9
(86-90) 0 to 10
(91-95) 1 to 11
(96-99) 2 to 12

Work Ethic Boosts
A player will receive a +15 rating boost if they win the Heisman.
A player will receive at +10 rating boost if they win any other award.
A player will receive a +8 rating boost for being an NCAA 1st Team AA, +6 for 2nd Team, and +3 for Freshman AA.
A player will receive a +2 rating boost for All-Conference 1st-Team and +1 for 2nd Team.
A player will lose -1 work ethic rating for each week if they are suspended. If a player is suspended for the season, they will lose 20 to their work ethic rating.

There will be also random discipline roles based on JMocks' creator - some seasons we may have 0 suspensions, other seasons as many as 5. Luck of the draw.

There is also various other behind-the-scenes things that will be done (ex. taking a job at a new school and seeing the top 2 QBs walk-out since they are pocket passers - or the top RB leaves because they don't wish to play in a new system etc.)

House Rules
The dynasty begins at a service academy (Army), for this school:

1. No redshirts

2. No players over 280lbs on the roster - any recruits found to be over 280lbs will go under the academy's training process to reduce them to a playing weight. For every 5lbs the player must lose, they will lose 1pt towards their strength and impact blocking, if it a defensive player - they will lose 1pt towards strength and power moves. For each 10lbs a player must lose, they will gain .5 attribute points towards speed, 1 pt towards acceleration, and 1 pt towards stamina.

3. If I take a position at a different academy or return to Army later in my coaching career, I must assume any redshirted players are a year ahead of their game year. Therefore if the team has any redshirt juniors, they will be cut prior to my first season at the school.

4. As an offensive coordinator, I am only allowed to scout 10 players - all offensive only - max 2 athletes but they have to be offensive-based. I must leave half the school's allotted points to the CPU and cannot make scholarship offers to defensive players - up to the CPU.

5. As an offensive coordinator, I am not allowed to take a job more than one-star higher than my current school. I must spend at least two seasons at a job (the Todd Graham rule) unless I am fired or the head coach I am under takes a new job and I am offered the same position at the new school.

6. I am acting as a triple option based coordinator, at least 80% of my playbook must be flexbone etc. style formations.

Last edited by Iron Dragon; 01-10-2019 at 08:56 PM.