Old 10-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #86
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
@TDawg, any chance you could upload that file in a zip rather than a rar? I can't open rars without downloading a new tool.
Here ya go bud.

Just wanted to add that I spent about 2 hours going through all your formulas last night to really figure how you went about creating this and god damn bro, you killed it. It was insanely complex and you accounted for almost everything you could. I went about try a few things I've done in the past and damn if you hadn't already implemented it lol.

Also I did experiment with lowering some of the requirements for positions and most were pretty easy fixes. But some were a pain in the *** no joke.

I think the hardest part is coming up with a value (ie True Value Rating) that really covers all positions evenly so you can compare that QB to the CB, etc. I did like lbj273 idea of doing multiple drafts and focusing on one position, recording the data, and seeing where Ovr compares to True Value Ratings. After doing that with all positions (and I know this would take a **** load of work because I'd think we'd need at least 5 sims per position, granted we could do multiple positions per sim but I'd much rather focus on one at a time) we could create a table for each position and then use that as the ultimate compare Rating. Just some thoughts.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 10-09-2016 at 11:13 AM.