View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
bacon96
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 19 Franchise Addition Requests

Not trying to set a negative tone but this is a bit late in the Development Cycle for the title to say 19 instead of 20.

However, there are a number of glaring changes that I would make or improve in Franchise Mode as soon as possible in no particular order:

Relocation and/or Expansion
Rob Manfred has seemed to be hinting at expansion and there are a number of cities that could get a team in the not-too-distant future. Portland, Las Vegas, Mexico City and Montreal are cities that have been thrown around in talks and could have an MLB team sometime in the 2020s. We should have an option to expand the league and reconfigure the divisions to reflect the possible changes Manfred makes in real life. The stadiums and uniforms could be basic or preset like the way Madden has handled expansion but the Diamond Dynasty uniform editor would be even better.

Rotating Schedules
This is near or at the top of everyone's franchise wish lists. Adding a couple different versions or better templates of schedules for franchise would help add depth to anyone who plays beyond the opening season.

Simple Budgets
Make it easy for us to understand or allow us to turn it off with no further issues. None of that weekly budget system because why would we budget for weeks instead of years?

Expanded Trade Options
If I want to trade Mike Trout, I want a haul that's more than 3 prospects. A blockbuster deal like the one's we've seen in nearly every offseason could not be possible with the current format. The addition of players being sold would be logical as well with the simplified budget.

Better Morale Options
Give us the option to disable any part of the morale system. Go ahead and improve it if you'd like but if it remains as is, there should be an option for us to turn it off entirely.

Improved Active and 40-man Roster Logic
I would love to see improvements as to which players are selected for the 40-man roster and active roster at any parts of the season. Firstly, minor league options would need to be accurate to better emulate the decisions MLB GMs need to make on a yearly basis. As for the 25-man/active roster, there should be improved reasoning for keeping a third catcher or aging veteran on a roster like taking in factors of contract status and durability. Not many teams call-up their entire 40-man roster when the rules adjust in September - this should be the same in The Show. Some players come up and spend time on the roster but not many clubs decide to fill their clubhouse with 15 more active players anymore.

Ability for Players to Learn and Forget Positions
Without editing, I'd like to have the ability as the GM/owner to change the position of players. The player would have a slight fielding skills reduction and would gain his former primary position as a secondary option. An example of this at work would be if I wanted to move Dee Gordon to center field. Dee would still have the ability to play second base but his primary becomes center and his secondary positions are second base and shortstop. Building on top of this, the forgetting of positions would be logical as well. Even though Miguel Cabrera played left field coming up and third base consistently as recently as 2013 but there's no way anyone is confidently playing Miggy at third in 2019.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter